Search
Old Apr 11, 2016, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ashill
New Thread with 738 Fleet Tracking

739 thread with fleet tracking

Original Press Release

Originally Posted by alaskaair.com/newsroom
Seats in the Premium Class section will have at least 35" of pitch, compared to 31" to 32" in the rest of the main cabin. To make room for the Premium Class while maintaining pitch in the main cabin, Alaska will reconfigure and reduce the number of seats available on some aircraft. Also, pitch in the First Class cabin will be increased from 36" to 41" providing a significantly enhanced experience for those customers.

Code:
 Model     Fleet count       Current seats           Reconfigured cabin
 (First class/Main cabin)(First class/Premium class/Main)

737-800       61               16/147                    12/30/117

737-900/900ER 77               16/165                    16/24/138

E175          15               12/64                     12/12/52
737-800s: Rows 6-10 are Premium
737-900/900ERs: Rows 6-9 are Premium

All 737-800s have been converted. 737-900s now in work. All aircraft to be complete by end of 2017.

Snack Box info from AKCuisine and Post 514:

3" x 3" x 2" box weighing in at 2.17 ounces. It's also "locally sourced - which translates to "Distributed by Oakfield Farms Solutions LLC, Grapevine, Texas."

Inside the box is 1.16 oz of Craisins (110 cal); 0.63 oz of unsalted almonds (100 cal); and a 0.375 oz square of Ghirardelli chocolate (50 cals) - total, 260 calories.
Print Wikipost

Premium Class Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2016, 6:56 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan; WN Rapid Rewards; DL SkyMiles; Mariott Bonvoy; Hilton Honors.
Missydarlin, I just jumped on the Cyber Monday fares for a trip between MMH and EWR in late March. I opted for Preferred Plus on the SAN-EWR and EWR-SEA legs. I had $100 in my wallet (x-mas gift) so the extra fees were negligible :-) Both legs are currently 737-900's. If one or both of those aircraft are upgraded to the new Premium Class by the time of travel, am I automatically re-seated in PC?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 1:11 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by ACVFlyer
Missydarlin, I just jumped on the Cyber Monday fares for a trip between MMH and EWR in late March. I opted for Preferred Plus on the SAN-EWR and EWR-SEA legs. I had $100 in my wallet (x-mas gift) so the extra fees were negligible :-) Both legs are currently 737-900's. If one or both of those aircraft are upgraded to the new Premium Class by the time of travel, am I automatically re-seated in PC?
Your seat assignment will not change. If the seat is part of PC on the new aircraft, they aren't going to kick you out of it.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 11:27 pm

Programs: AS
Our flight Dec 14 was on 800 and we are in Row 6. Thought we would be fine with current trend to relocate 6 with equipment swap.
"Gardening" this reservation tonight, notice that it is now 900 and F is full. Now we are really concerned that if they swap back to 800 , we are screwed.
Had this flight for 4 months, now worried.
Thoughts...
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:08 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by pcoll
Our flight Dec 14 was on 800 and we are in Row 6. Thought we would be fine with current trend to relocate 6 with equipment swap.
"Gardening" this reservation tonight, notice that it is now 900 and F is full. Now we are really concerned that if they swap back to 800 , we are screwed.
Had this flight for 4 months, now worried.
Thoughts...
Is it equipment swaps that are triggering the bumps from Row 6? I hadn't seen that posted as the cause before.

Probably right to be concerned but not much to be done other than check and recheck the res..
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat (Lifetime Gold), Hilton Honors Plata, Avis PFD
Originally Posted by missydarlin
Your seat assignment will not change. If the seat is part of PC on the new aircraft, they aren't going to kick you out of it.
So the issue I have is that I've got a Y reservation on a 738 (prior to creation of PC), and I had booked me, my wife, and my 3 year old son in row 7. We had a baby girl about 1 month ago, and booked her a separate reservation (but linked to the original PNR). I needed to call in to move her seat (they wouldn't let me do it online). Now they've introduced PC, and I hadn't called in yet.

Not sure what to do. If I call in, will they move me out of PC, or will they let me get 1 more PC seat for free? Or should I let sleeping dogs lie and hope that the cabin doesn't fill up? I'm AA Plat. Perhaps just pay the fee for her seat and call it good?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mhpkev
Perhaps just pay the fee for her seat and call it good?
This.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:19 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Missy, three actual-directly-related-to-this-topic questions:

1) I have a number of 2017 reservations in which I'm happy with my exit row aisle seat. Is the best way to decline a PC upgrade, but retain an FC upgrade option, to call reservations and have them "deselect" the PC upgrade option, since this is not something it appears I can do online myself?

2) Does calling in to change my upgrade option (e.g., declining PC upgrades but keeping FC upgrades) change my place on the FC waitlist, like a ticket reissue does?

3) If my seating preference in my website profile is for an aisle seat, and I'm currently in an exit row aisle, if I am upgraded into a PC seat will I be in an aisle seat, if an aisle is available? Does it work the same way if I am traveling with a companion on the same PNR and we are in an exit row aisle-and-middle, would we be upgraded into a PC aisle-and-middle first, if that were available?

Sorry if this is a bit in the weeds.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

1) Yes

2) No

3) Your seat preference is part of your as.com profile. The upgrade process is wholly separate, and isn't going to consider the preferences you set for as.com bookings.

Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
Missy, three actual-directly-related-to-this-topic questions:

1) I have a number of 2017 reservations in which I'm happy with my exit row aisle seat. Is the best way to decline a PC upgrade, but retain an FC upgrade option, to call reservations and have them "deselect" the PC upgrade option, since this is not something it appears I can do online myself?

2) Does calling in to change my upgrade option (e.g., declining PC upgrades but keeping FC upgrades) change my place on the FC waitlist, like a ticket reissue does?

3) If my seating preference in my website profile is for an aisle seat, and I'm currently in an exit row aisle, if I am upgraded into a PC seat will I be in an aisle seat, if an aisle is available? Does it work the same way if I am traveling with a companion on the same PNR and we are in an exit row aisle-and-middle, would we be upgraded into a PC aisle-and-middle first, if that were available?

Sorry if this is a bit in the weeds.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 8:22 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
3) Your seat preference is part of your as.com profile. The upgrade process is wholly separate, and isn't going to consider the preferences you set for as.com bookings.
Has there been any talk of adding that functionality? That would be a big improvement.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by alphaeagle
Has there been any talk of adding that functionality? That would be a big improvement.
If seating preference in the AS.com profile has no effect on AS.com bookings, what's the point of it?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1) Yes

2) No

How was MSY?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
How was MSY?
It was an "ordering pork belly for dessert" kind of awesome
Old Dec 13, 2016, 9:34 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
If seating preference in the AS.com profile has no effect on AS.com bookings, what's the point of it?
It has an effect on some aspects of initial bookings (and I recall used to have an impact on the old-style FC upgrades), but apparently not the new-style upgrade processor.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
It was an "ordering pork belly for dessert" kind of awesome
I was staring some slabs today.

Seriously considering buying one to cook up again.

One recipe I used involved beer and it turned out amazing.

...back to the topic at hand
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Isn't today the official roll-out for the Premium Economy "upgrade list" and soft product? Who is going to be the first to review the new *free* snack box

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.