Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Seattle (SEA) C Concourse Alaska Lounge Opened June 30, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seattle (SEA) C Concourse Alaska Lounge Opened June 30, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2016, 9:32 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by tusphotog
It's under construction currently. "Mid-2017" is the latest guess I heard.

We'll see...it's about 10 years too late.
Lightning fast in AS time
Old Oct 21, 2016, 10:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by apodo77
Wonder how DL was able to build a 21000 SFT SC in a year and AS hasn't even started construction on whatever their plans may or may not be?
From what I heard it's started. But it does seem a bit longer to build from existing space compared to new construction, at least with the POS...
Old Oct 21, 2016, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
From what I heard it's started. But it does seem a bit longer to build from existing space compared to new construction, at least with the POS...
a bit???? Understatement of the month. DL had no problem with an existing space.

Now shall we discuss the pace of building new as it pertains to the N BR. Scheduled to be open when????? I believe the third number in the opening date is a 2, or more likely a 3. 20"X"X
Old Oct 22, 2016, 1:16 am
BA

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Delta Gold Medallion, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by BOB W
Now shall we discuss the pace of building new as it pertains to the N BR. Scheduled to be open when????? I believe the third number in the opening date is a 2, or more likely a 3. 20"X"X
It should open in 2019 when Phase I of the North Satellite modernization is complete. Phase I involves extending the North Satellite to the north adding 8 new gates and the new Board Room will be built on the top of this extension facing the Olympic Mountains. Phase II will renovate the existing North Satellite and this will be done in 2021.

https://www.portseattle.org/Business...rnization.aspx

Slide 8 here shows how the Board Room is being enlarged by another 4,485 feet than originally planned:
http://www.portseattle.org/ABOUT/COM...RM_7a_supp.pdf
Old Oct 22, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by beckoa
Always wonder how these ports work. Must be complicated as hell to get anything built.

In ATL DL was able to build a new 25000 sqft SC in Terminal B in about a year. Whoever runs ATL probably does whatever DL wants though.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by BA
It should open in 2019 when Phase I of the North Satellite modernization is complete. Phase I involves extending the North Satellite to the north adding 8 new gates and the new Board Room will be built on the top of this extension facing the Olympic Mountains. Phase II will renovate the existing North Satellite and this will be done in 2021.

Slide 8 here shows how the Board Room is being enlarged by another 4,485 feet than originally planned:
Vegas odds makers are giving 4 to 1 that the actual opening will have at least two 2's in it.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: AS
Those of us in Seattle have come to understand that ANY public works project will be over budget and 5-10 years longer than estimated completion.
It seems to be just how we roll, IMHO.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k / AS Boardroom
Originally Posted by BA
Bottom of this article indicates construction will start end of the year, so hopefully perhaps by next summer it'll open:
I personally wouldn't get your hopes up on it opening by next summer. Maybe in a world where stuff just gets done that is very realistic. However this is the Port of Seattle and Alaska Airlines, and glaciers move at the speed of light in comparison. Vegas has the line at November 2018. I'll take the over.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by tbau
However this is the Port of Seattle and Alaska Airlines, and glaciers move at the speed of light in comparison. Vegas has the line at November 2018. I'll take the over.
Normally I would agree the the Port of Seattle slows everything down...except DL was able to build a huge new Skyclub with lightning speed with the POS. That leads me to believe it is more AS and less POS slowing the C Boardroom down.

And honestly, AS is not up to standard anymore with what the BR offers. At one time they were the gold standard of what a domestic club should be, now they are lagging farther and farther behind both DL and AA.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by BA

Slide 9 shows the planned construction phases. I think the Vegas odds makers may be on to something. At best we will see something open no earlier than 2021, by which time AS will have abandoned any pretense about wanting a lounge system.

Construction-Prelim Work Pkg 1 6/28/2016-3/1/2017
Construction-Prelim Work Pkg 2 12/19/2016-4/24/2018
Construction-Base Building Phase 1 4/6/2018-6/18/2019
Construction-Base Building Phase 2 6/18/2019-4/19/2021
Old Oct 22, 2016, 11:23 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Slide 9 shows the planned construction phases. I think the Vegas odds makers may be on to something. At best we will see something open no earlier than 2021, by which time AS will have abandoned any pretense about wanting a lounge system.

Phase 1 is the addition to the North Satellite where the BR will be located.
Phase 2 is renovation of the existing portion of the North Satellite.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 1:28 pm
BA

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Delta Gold Medallion, Hilton Honors Gold

Reread my post, the new Board Room would be in Phase I, which is the construction of the North Satellite expansion.

Phase II is the renovation of the existing North Satellite building which will basically be almost completely gutted and rebuilt.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by jsguyrus
And honestly, AS is not up to standard anymore with what the BR offers. At one time they were the gold standard of what a domestic club should be, now they are lagging farther and farther behind both DL and AA.
At absolutely no point in the last 30+ years would I agree that the BR was the gold standard of domestic clubs. It's been decently executed overall, but at any given moment, CO, EA, TW, NW or DL have all been better.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 5:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by VibeGuy
At absolutely no point in the last 30+ years would I agree that the BR was the gold standard of domestic clubs. It's been decently executed overall, but at any given moment, CO, EA, TW, NW or DL have all been better.
When AA and DL went to their pay schemes for everything, and AS had reasonable wine and good beer for free, things were greener on AS' side. And then the pancake machine appeared .

However, AS hasn't progressed much past the soup, salad and pancakes unfortunately, while others have.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by BA
Reread my post, the new Board Room would be in Phase I, which is the construction of the North Satellite expansion.

Phase II is the renovation of the existing North Satellite building which will basically be almost completely gutted and rebuilt.
So, June 18, 2019 is the most optimistic date. I will stick with the odds makers and go with sometime in the 20's.

Gentlemen and Gentlewomen, place your bets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.