Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Seattle (SEA) C Concourse Alaska Lounge Opened June 30, 2017

Seattle (SEA) C Concourse Alaska Lounge Opened June 30, 2017

Old Oct 15, 2016, 6:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Last month when I asked 2017 was stated.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
With all the new credit cards providing Priority Pass membership, there is going to be an upswing in Board Room occupancy. That ramp up may coincide with reduced traffic of the offseason to keep things steady but when spring/summer comes around next year, and no new space, it is going to be a very long packed summer in the BRs

I could see them cutting off Priority Pass access if they need to, sending them to The Club at A or S.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
This is starting to look like how the temporary N boardroom went. The original announcement was in late 2015 and said the C Boardroom would open "next year". Well its nearing the end of "next year" with not a word on the project.

And while I am at it, my person pet peeve.....Do something about SAN!!!
Old Oct 18, 2016, 7:41 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
And while I am at it, my person pet peeve.....Do something about SAN!!!
+1 Focus city with transcon, Hawaii and Mexico flights. Dumpy terminal. And suitable vacant space where the United Club once was.

Please put in a Boardroom.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 2:20 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
I was told the same, but "late in 2017". Considering how construction plans and timetables seem to slide at SEA, I'd go with the later date.
It's under construction currently. "Mid-2017" is the latest guess I heard.

We'll see...it's about 10 years too late.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 3:39 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

A bit OT, but the monstrosity that is the new DL Sky Club was built in less than year.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
A bit OT, but the monstrosity that is the new DL Sky Club was built in less than year.
The DL Club was built quickly. Why are you calling it a monstrosity? That window towards the A concourse apron and Mr. Rainier looks gorgeous... when I peered in from the concourse before it opened.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 4:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by seacarl
The DL Club was built quickly. Why are you calling it a monstrosity? That window towards the A concourse apron and Mr. Rainier looks gorgeous... when I peered in from the concourse before it opened.
...because it swallowed the AMEX SEA CL
Old Oct 21, 2016, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
...because it swallowed the AMEX SEA CL
I don't love that at all. The views from the AX lounge were great, especially from the stand-up counter. And it does not look to me like the small addition will truly replace what we lost. But I don't deny DL the ability to build a great lounge, and perhaps AX could have done that had they really wanted to invest in SEA.

In any event, compared to a few years ago, the lounge situation is certainly much better in SEA!
Old Oct 21, 2016, 5:37 pm
BA

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Delta Gold Medallion, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by tusphotog
It's under construction currently. "Mid-2017" is the latest guess I heard.

We'll see...it's about 10 years too late.
Good to know, did you see a sign at the airport indicating it was under construction?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I don't love that at all. The views from the AX lounge were great, especially from the stand-up counter. And it does not look to me like the small addition will truly replace what we lost. But I don't deny DL the ability to build a great lounge, and perhaps AX could have done that had they really wanted to invest in SEA.
Might free up some space in the Amex lounge, too. I haven't flown delta from SEA ever, but will try to squeeze some flight in next year. And then I will check out their lounge with my plat card.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 7:34 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by BA
Good to know, did you see a sign at the airport indicating it was under construction?
No. Heard from a well connected source at PDX.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 8:01 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Why are you calling it a monstrosity? That window towards the A concourse apron and Mr. Rainier looks gorgeous
I got a quick tour on Wednesday evening. Yes, the views are nice, but I found that the space felt oversized. And the heavy use of white accents reminded me of A Clockwork Orange.

Most lounge comments I read lately are about food. As long as it is palatable and plentiful, I bet most people will be happy.

Last edited by dayone; Oct 21, 2016 at 8:10 pm
Old Oct 21, 2016, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by beckoa
Last month when I asked 2017 was stated.
Wonder how DL was able to build a 21000 SFT SC in a year and AS hasn't even started construction on whatever their plans may or may not be?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 9:28 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by apodo77
Wonder how DL was able to build a 21000 SFT SC in a year and AS hasn't even started construction on whatever their plans may or may not be?
Concurrent discussion going on here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post27377409

Bottom line, DL has a plan to refurbish and/or build the SC network into something like the international clubs.

AS has no such plans and only gives lip service, excuses and delays when it comes to anything Board Room. Frankly I do not believe anything AS says about the future of the Board Rooms. They have never been remotely up front with what is going on.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.