Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 18, 2019, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beckoa
SEATAC Bus Gate Wiki.

What bus gates have you flown out of on AS?

AS792 SEA-DTW 4-9-19 D22
AS32 SEA-PHL 6-11-19 D26
AS1692 SEA-CMH 8-22-19 D26
AS1420 SEA-BNA 2-4-20 D26
Print Wikipost

SeaTac (SEA) Bus Gates

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by seacarl
Is gate A21 a bus gate?
A21 is a bus gate. I've used it when arriving from UA flight. Wow. That's a long walk if connecting to/from N, D, or C gates. Aside from moving sidewalk, there is not much help to expedite the transfer until you get to the main terminal areas near gate A4.

Jiburi
Old May 16, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by jiburi
A21 is a bus gate. I've used it when arriving from UA flight. Wow. That's a long walk if connecting to/from N, D, or C gates. Aside from moving sidewalk, there is not much help to expedite the transfer until you get to the main terminal areas near gate A4.

Jiburi
Interesting. I had only been aware of the D remote gates. So the Port is adding them elsewhere, too. It would be nice if they had them near the central terminal instead of a ten minute walk away
Old May 16, 2019, 4:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Got to use the D annex last month... Arrived at T-39
T-30 and was one of the last to board the bus. Still waited 10 minutes or so. Raining so aircraft was wet inside. Crew was apologetic.
Old May 17, 2019, 1:13 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by beckoa
T-30 and was one of the last to board the bus. Still waited 10 minutes or so.
Fabulous. This is true AS style. Board everything so early then wait around. If I get stuck at one of these gates, my goal is to be the last person on the bus.
Old May 17, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
TH took one of the buses week before last out to her BWI flight (that really hot Saturday). She boarded the plane in the first wave. Second bus was filled up and made it to the plane to only sit on the tarmac for 40 minutes because they couldn't figure out how to reset the lights above row 6 (it was strobing wildly). They bussed those folks back to the terminal until the problem was solved (by removing the lights). They left 1.5 hours late. Plane is was packed, so this must of have been a joy for those stuck on the bus.
@tusphotog If I could guarantee that my overhead space was still available (usually sit in either 1 or 16), then I would probably board last as well.
Old May 17, 2019, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by seacarl
Interesting. I had only been aware of the D remote gates. So the Port is adding them elsewhere, too. It would be nice if they had them near the central terminal instead of a ten minute walk away
A20, A21, B20, B21 are all bus gates
Old Jun 11, 2019, 7:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
The gate was paging "final boarding" at 6:46 AM for a 7:20 AM flight to PHL this morning (AS32). Got lucky though, as boarding was stopped for a minute as busses switched. The one in front was *packed*. Mine is nice n' empty, and even got a seat.

I do like what they did with the ceiling here.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Ive noticed that it pays to be the last to board the bus at the D bus gates, you get up on the ramp first, while those that boarded the bus first have to wait until the last folks get settled. and, yes, the waiting area has a nice, clean and open feel.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold
If you are arriving at a hardstand and being bussed to the D20 arrival gate, I discovered that standing at the front of the bus on the right side gets you off the bus first and ahead of the crowd. Can't understand why they didn't provide steps as an alternative to the multiple ramps from D20 to get into the terminal. If you haven't experienced arriving there yet, the ramps take you down to the north end of the tram station. You then walk through the tram station to the escalators up to baggage claim (or you go up the near escalators to the terminal if connecting).
Old Jun 12, 2019, 9:23 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by Mehdron
If you are arriving at a hardstand and being bussed to the D20 arrival gate, I discovered that standing at the front of the bus on the right side gets you off the bus first and ahead of the crowd. Can't understand why they didn't provide steps as an alternative to the multiple ramps from D20 to get into the terminal. If you haven't experienced arriving there yet, the ramps take you down to the north end of the tram station. You then walk through the tram station to the escalators up to baggage claim (or you go up the near escalators to the terminal if connecting).
My friend who is a mvp gold was completely caught off guard by this new arrival gate and SEA is her home airport. I can’t imagine how confusing it is for folks who use the airport occasionally.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:20 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lalala

My friend who is a mvp gold was completely caught off guard by this new arrival gate and SEA is her home airport. I can’t imagine how confusing it is for folks who use the airport occasionally.
It is confusing enough as it is for occasional travelers without the bus gates. I have only departed from a bus gate once. None on arrival.

James
Old Jun 13, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Mehdron
This confused my driver picking up someone else. If people go up the escalator they will go out the standard exit from D gates. If they go down, and through the train station, they will come up where those coming from N will come up. Given that the published gate is D, drivers will typically go to the standard D exit.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by tusphotog

Fabulous. This is true AS style. Board everything so early then wait around. If I get stuck at one of these gates, my goal is to be the last person on the bus.
Yes, it is fantastic in the summer at PHX. Board really early and then let passengers roast in the 115 degree heat (AS ground A/C is ineffective at the summer temps in PHX). Last time this happened, it was 90 degrees+ on the plane, even with the A/C going.

That said, at least they don't use remote gates at PHX.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by formeraa
Yes, it is fantastic in the summer at PHX. Board really early and then let passengers roast in the 115 degree heat (AS ground A/C is ineffective at the summer temps in PHX). Last time this happened, it was 90 degrees+ on the plane, even with the A/C going.

That said, at least they don't use remote gates at PHX.
PHX has announced plans to build bus gates. Quite likely to replace the lost gates when the close T2 (where AS and UA operate)
Old Jun 30, 2019, 6:36 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Only had the bus gate once on arrival, after we serpentined our way down the ramps (why is there no stairs), we discovered the door locked and unmanned. Stood there for 15 minutes waiting for someone to let us in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.