Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What's with the YVR - PDX flight schedules?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's with the YVR - PDX flight schedules?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2015, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by keitherson

They're putting the 737s on domestic routes mid-day.
Side discussion, but I'm thinking they should restart SNA-YVR with E175s, now that SNA has customs facilities just in case.... It would lessen the impact of a total pullout of LAX-YVR, if it were to happen.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 9:35 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
If you think that's bad, you should see Alaska's new schedule for Vancouver to Los Angeles since this year.

YVR-LAX leaves at 6:00am. LAX-YVR arrives at midnight.

Why? Because Alaska has been losing market share in YVR to Delta Connection and the yields have collapsed.

I think it's probably more likely due to WestJet's great schedule to LAX, SNA, SAN and PSP from YVR.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 10:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by Waitlisted
If you think that's bad, you should see Alaska's new schedule for Vancouver to Los Angeles since this year.

YVR-LAX leaves at 6:00am. LAX-YVR arrives at midnight.

Why? Because Alaska has been losing market share in YVR to Delta Connection and the yields have collapsed.

I think it's probably more likely due to WestJet's great schedule to LAX, SNA, SAN and PSP from YVR.
...and where did WS's CEO come from?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.