Community
Wiki Posts
Search

accessing secure side at seatac

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2015, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, UA zilch, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Presidents
accessing secure side at seatac

My inlaws have a not-long-enough layover - other than buying a refundable ticket and cancelling it, are there means to get access to airside post security at seatac?

if it were longer we'd have them leave and reclear security.

i have a united club membership, but no boardroom membership.

any knowledge of how to access?
Old Sep 23, 2015, 3:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

The BR membership no longer offers this access. The UC one did, not sure if its still offered for gate passes.

If the inlaws are flying AS, perhaps a SDC is in order?
Old Sep 23, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: AS 75k, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, ect.
The refundable ticket thing works well.

Does the Boardroom not allow for conference room guests to clear security for a meeting in the Boardroom ? This was the other way to get inside once they stopped the gate pass thing for members.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 9:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Ah yes, you can rent the room for an hour.

They also were issuing passes for special events.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
What if you claimed they needed assistance???
Old Sep 23, 2015, 10:24 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by brarrr
My inlaws have a not-long-enough layover - other than buying a refundable ticket and cancelling it, are there means to get access to airside post security at seatac?

if it were longer we'd have them leave and reclear security.

i have a united club membership, but no boardroom membership.

any knowledge of how to access?
Accessed the UA lounge last year with another FTer who was able to get us gate passes at the check-in desks.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: AS MVPG MR Platinum Prem
The ability to get a gate pass for United Club access without flying is(was) an explicit benefit of membership. If an agent resisted you were to instruct them to look up rule GG CHECKPOINT 65 and if that didnt work, ask the agent to call the club directly or do it yourself and ask them to contact the front agent.

However, starting next year they are going to require boarding passes for access and stop issuing gate passes. I believe that doesn't take effect until next year though I am not 100% sure on the date of that change. Check the United forum for more up to date info before counting on that though.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by hrdjeepzj
The ability to get a gate pass for United Club access without flying is(was) an explicit benefit of membership. If an agent resisted you were to instruct them to look up rule GG CHECKPOINT 65 and if that didnt work, ask the agent to call the club directly or do it yourself and ask them to contact the front agent.
I was denied that explicit benefit two years ago at SFO. It wasn't important enough for me to argue at the airport (I tried calling the UA Club service center, but it was closed for the day). Afterwards I did send an email to the UA Club customer service center and was (incorrectly) told that the agents were right to deny me the gate pass. So in my limited experience it is YMMV, as with many things at United these days.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:59 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Related question: for an MVPG, can a ticket be cancelled and banked (without fee) after check in? How about after missing a flight?
Old Sep 23, 2015, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by lax.sea.jnu
Related question: for an MVPG, can a ticket be cancelled and banked (without fee) after check in? How about after missing a flight?
i have done it successfully up to 20 minutes before departure, but have never rolled the dice on missing a flight and seeing how that panned out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.