Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

First time I've seen phantom availability on the AS website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2015, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold

Tried to book a partner flight segment for 3 on 6/18/16 and the AS agent on the phone said AA 2378 from DFW to MCI only had 2 saver Y seats available but the AS website was showing at least 3 in W class. I thought that was strange so I chatted back and forth with the AS rep on Twitter (Angel) and he checked with the partner desk...yep, the partner availability on the AS website did not match with the actual AA availability.

Very odd...
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
AA doesn't book into W does it?

Aka this is saver space on AA for awards?

There seems to be a delay with AS and SABRE, even when releasing seats on AS.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 9:46 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

AA F/J/Y Saver awards book into Z/U/T respectively.

W is a discounted Y fare on AA.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
AA doesn't book into W does it?

Aka this is saver space on AA for awards?

There seems to be a delay with AS and SABRE, even when releasing seats on AS.
Yeah, I think a delay may be what's in play here. I'm use to phantom availability when using the BA site, but haven't seen it on AS before. They were looking for saver space on AA (whatever the AA equivalent of W class is) and it was a no-go despite the AS site showing availability. The AS Twitter rep wanted me to cancel the second half of my award ticket, get the miles redeposited, and book it myself online (despite the saver space not REALLY being available), but the website said I would lose all my miles if I cancelled so I didn't try that (despite being told by the Twitter rep that I wouldn't lose my miles since I'm MVPG....uh, yeah, I know that, but if the website says I'm going to lose all the miles, I'm probably going to lose all the miles and then start the process of sending 14 emails trying to get them back since I'm MVPG ....no thanks).

Last edited by PDXPremier; Aug 29, 2015 at 10:29 pm
Old Aug 30, 2015, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
expert flyer shows T=3 for 2378 on that date.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 7:55 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I have seen phantom space with AA - and DL.

See this thread.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...ilibility.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.