Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS BR members expanded access to AA Admirals Clubs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 4, 2015, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IceTrojan
"Board Room members with same day travel on a purchased or redeemed mileage ticket on Alaska Airlines or American Airlines have access to all Admirals Club locations listed below. Members also get complimentary access for their immediate family (spouse/domestic partner and children under the age of 21) or two guests. Board Room members and their guests do not have access to American Premium or Flagship Lounges."
Print Wikipost

AS BR members expanded access to AA Admirals Clubs

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2015, 5:59 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
We have both AA and AS memberships. We may be saving 700 bucks a year by getting rid of our Admiral's Club memberships.

What I love about the AC is that there are actually ticket agents working the desk, so they can reroute during IRROPS or deal with any relatively minor ticketing issue if there are not a million people milling around the desk/entry.

I was shocked to see that the BR agents could not do this.

lala
Old Aug 5, 2015, 6:06 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by lalala
We have both AA and AS memberships. We may be saving 700 bucks a year by getting rid of our Admiral's Club memberships.

What I love about the AC is that there are actually ticket agents working the desk, so they can reroute during IRROPS or deal with any relatively minor ticketing issue if there are not a million people milling around the desk/entry.

I was shocked to see that the BR agents could not do this.

lala
long been a peeve of mine. A lot of DL rooms are also staffed as such. What it comes down to is a case of union contracts run ammuck. The AS GA/CSA's at the airport basically throw a tantrum and say how dare those concergie's in the AS boardroom be allowed to do this, even though it would better the experience of our customers That statement might ruffle up some feathers but thats the quick answer as to why this doesnt happen in boardrooms. Been brought up at many a gold meetings when they were held and that was basically the response. We'd like to but we cant

Last edited by ANC; Aug 5, 2015 at 6:15 pm
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:22 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Hertz Pres; Tanquery Million Minier
Originally Posted by ANC
long been a peeve of mine. A lot of DL rooms are also staffed as such. What it comes down to is a case of union contracts run ammuck. The AS GA/CSA's at the airport basically throw a tantrum and say how dare those concergie's in the AS boardroom be allowed to do this, even though it would better the experience of our customers That statement might ruffle up some feathers but thats the quick answer as to why this doesnt happen in boardrooms. Been brought up at many a gold meetings when they were held and that was basically the response. We'd like to but we cant
But what's to prevent AS from giving GA's a station to work at in the BR? Seems like it's still a function of cost, not the contracts.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by lalala
The AC agents at ORD have saved my bacon a couple of times during snow delays / cancels. Their superpowers alone make AC fees worthwhile. It's absurd that AS, a more service-minded airline in general, cannot do this in its own BRs.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Isn't AS overall a somewhat more egalitarian airline? If so, I would expect that the attitude would be that BR members should not have an advantage in IROPs rebookings: Everyone should be served in order from the same line.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:06 pm
ANC

Originally Posted by BearX220
The AC agents at ORD have saved my bacon a couple of times during snow delays / cancels. Their superpowers alone make AC fees worthwhile. It's absurd that AS, a more service-minded airline in general, cannot do this in its own BRs.
from my experience though the AA system pretty much rebooks everybody automatically within seconds of IRROPs and does so based on the status hierarchy. My only issues with AA is that you get rebooked onto next available AA metals and I have to haggle them to go interline out side of partners like onto UA or DL flights after I find their flight theyve auto rebooked me on 35 hours later to be unacceptable when theres a UA flight leaving to the destination 3 hours later with 20 empty seats
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:11 pm
ANC

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Everyone should be served in order from the same line.
What airline does that? Who stands in line at the gate where the plane went IRROPed? Call or go to another gate or service center. I have a an AA flight cancel at K12 at ORD I sure as hell am not standing in line at the K12 gate. Im on the horn ASAP to AA and at the same time going to their service desk or another gate where there isnt a line of 120 mad people
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:36 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
I think the huge deal here is opening up all the US Flights to AS flyers. Although I am lovin' to be able to use the admirals clubs at DFW and ORD. Now only if AA would put a nonstop from PDX to NYC area, that would be great as the DL divorce is imminent that leaves us no options at PDX as AS mileage plan members.

Here is the link from the AS MP page.
http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mil...rtnership.aspx
Old Aug 5, 2015, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Are the AA staff still "declining" to provide (free) internet access to BR members? That was certainly the case last time I was through ORD a while ago.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:02 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Are the AA staff still "declining" to provide (free) internet access to BR members? That was certainly the case last time I was through ORD a while ago.
Really? I get free access in every AA admirals club I go into. wonder how I have managed that!
Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Now if AS could align the AA saver first domestic awards with the 25K charged by AA (compared to the 32.5K on AS), that would be icing on the cake
Old Aug 5, 2015, 11:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I'd like a single SWU for MVPG75K

*since we're creating a wishlist.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Isn't AS overall a somewhat more egalitarian airline? If so, I would expect that the attitude would be that BR members should not have an advantage in IROPs rebookings...
No. If that idea of "egalitarianism" were in force there would be no BRs. Nor first class, priority boardings, etc. What you perceive is that AS tends to be nicer to everyone, not demean the down-the-back crowd to make its elites feel better.

Originally Posted by ANC
from my experience though the AA system pretty much rebooks everybody automatically within seconds of IRROPs and does so based on the status hierarchy. My only issues with AA is that you get rebooked onto next available AA metals and I have to haggle them to go interline out side of partners like onto UA or DL flights after I find their flight theyve auto rebooked me on 35 hours later to be unacceptable when theres a UA flight leaving to the destination 3 hours later with 20 empty seats
That's why the AC agents are so good to have -- they can short-circuit the sometimes irrational auto-rebook action and put you on that UA flight, or whatever. This past winter I got as far as ORD on a SEA-ORD-DCA trip when snow hit the D.C. area; the software put me on an ORD-DCA 24 hours later, but the agents happily sent me to LGA that same day instead so I could catch Amtrak to D.C. and make my meeting.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 8:06 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
For years, AC wifi has been open to all, members or not. No password or anything.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by SJC AA
For years, AC wifi has been open to all, members or not. No password or anything.
Thanks - it has obviously been a lot longer than I thought!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.