Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade not saved while paying?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2015, 11:45 am

Did we ever get confirmation that AS is now selling open first-class seats at flight time rather than updating elites? If that's a "new policy" it is huge bomb dropped on elites with no warning. Any follow-up on that question?
Old Aug 8, 2015, 4:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by bofc
Did we ever get confirmation that AS is now selling open first-class seats at flight time rather than updating elites? If that's a "new policy" it is huge bomb dropped on elites with no warning. Any follow-up on that question?
I don't know the answer but would like to know as well. After thinking about it I've decided that if they ever try to sell upgrades at the gate when I'm on the waitlist I'm going to pay for the upgrade and then after the flight ask Customer Care for a compensatory voucher towards a future flight. Maybe that will generate an official explanation one way or the other. Worst case I'm out the upgrade fee but then I know where elites stand versus paid upgrades at the gate.

Note: I'm talking about upgrades here. If AS can sell F seats at the gate for the regular F price then more power to them.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
I don't know the answer but would like to know as well. After thinking about it I've decided that if they ever try to sell upgrades at the gate when I'm on the waitlist I'm going to pay for the upgrade and then after the flight ask Customer Care for a compensatory voucher towards a future flight. Maybe that will generate an official explanation one way or the other. Worst case I'm out the upgrade fee but then I know where elites stand versus paid upgrades at the gate.

Note: I'm talking about upgrades here. If AS can sell F seats at the gate for the regular F price then more power to them.
That's actually a great idea....the fact that AS has been silent (thus far) on this issue is a bit disconcerting to say the least.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 5:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by bofc
There won't be any confirmation as it's not a new policy. I wouldn't be waiting around for an E-mail or press release regarding one person's experience that wrote about it on the internet
Old Aug 8, 2015, 6:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by alphaeagle
There won't be any confirmation as it's not a new policy. I wouldn't be waiting around for an E-mail or press release regarding one person's experience that wrote about it on the internet
I wouldn't expect AS to make an official response based on a post here either but that doesn't mean they haven't changed their philosophy on this. Or maybe you know for a fact that they havent? If so please share.

I saw the same thing happen at a nearby AS gate once when I was waiting for a QX flight. And there have been other reports here of it happening. Maybe employees are given incentives to sell upgrades at the gate and haven't been told to upgrade elites first. Who knows?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.