1st class from ORD-ANC

Old Jul 28, 2015, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Man you guys rock! I came from the M$ forum and was hesitant to post, but I did hours of research and reading before I posted so I figured I would be OK.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 4:43 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by jchilders
What does "AS domestic F" have to do with the OPs question about the food served in the lounge?
the confusing thread title maybe?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dayone
But you're OK with white flower carbs?!?!
Oh yeah. I just don't like sugar. I mean, sure it happens to be healthy to not like it, but I just don't get excited about really sweet stuff (like syrup). Same with salt. I REALLY hate salt.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 5:51 am
Original Poster

Do you only get access to the lounge if you are departing? Can I get in after I land at my destination and want to grab a beer?

You have me intrigued about trying this alaskan beer in ANC.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 6:12 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Madone59
Yup, AK is Air Asia, AS is Alaska Airlines. If you are going to go into the city, I say do it - Seattle is great even if it's just for a day.
OP wasn't using the airline code, they were abbreviating the state of Alaska, which AK would be the correct code for.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 6:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by pwd847
Do you only get access to the lounge if you are departing? Can I get in after I land at my destination and want to grab a beer?

You have me intrigued about trying this alaskan beer in ANC.
Alaskan Brewing from JNU is on tap in the ANC BR (4 types that rotate based on season).

If you want some 'to go', Silver Gulch from FAI has growlers below the ANC BR

And yes you can access the ANC BR upon arrival.

Last edited by beckoa; Jul 29, 2015 at 7:06 am Reason: ...what I get for trying to edit posts too early :o
Old Jul 29, 2015, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sounder
OP wasn't using the airline code, they were abbreviating the state of Alaska, which AK would be the correct code for.
Yes I was using AK as the abbreviation for Alaska.
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Alaskan Brewing from FAI is on tap in the ANC BR (4 types that rotate based on season).

If you want some 'to go', Silver Gulch from FAI has growlers below the ANC BR

And yes you can access the ANC BR upon arrival.
Growlers! Awesome! Thanks! Any brewery tours in Anchorage or Fairbanks?
Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:00 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa

Alaskan Brewing from FAI is on tap in the ANC BR (4 types that rotate based on season).
Ahem. Alaskan beer is brewed in JNU.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by Sounder
Seems a couple of airline geeks missed this.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by pwd847
Yes I was using AK as the abbreviation for Alaska.

Growlers! Awesome! Thanks! Any brewery tours in Anchorage or Fairbanks?

Yes, there are breweries in ANC and FAI. Silvergulch in Fairbanks claims to be the furthest north brewery. There are a bunch in Anchorage - ask Mr. Google to help you.

And if you get to Juneau, that's where it all started back in the mid- to late 80s when Geoff and Marcy Larson started up what was first known as Chinook Alaskan Brewery - name later changed to Alaskan Brewing due to trademark issues.

Geoff started out as a home brewer, tweaking historic recipes he found from the early days of Juneau's gold rush era, and sharing the bounty with friends at local dinners and potlucks. They eventually bought some old dairy tanks and used the equipment to open the first small, volunteer-fueled brewery. It's part of Alaska history.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
Yes, there are breweries in ANC and FAI. Silvergulch in Fairbanks claims to be the furthest north brewery. There are a bunch in Anchorage - ask Mr. Google to help you.

And if you get to Juneau, that's where it all started back in the mid- to late 80s when Geoff and Marcy Larson started up what was first known as Chinook Alaskan Brewery - name later changed to Alaskan Brewing due to trademark issues.

Geoff started out as a home brewer, tweaking historic recipes he found from the early days of Juneau's gold rush era, and sharing the bounty with friends at local dinners and potlucks. They eventually bought some old dairy tanks and used the equipment to open the first small, volunteer-fueled brewery. It's part of Alaska history.
An argument could perhaps be made that "it all started" with Anchorage's ill-fated Prinz Brau Beer, which was only around for 3 years in the late 70's.

Alaskan just expanded their operation in JNU (essentially doubled in size, including vacating a street) as they pursue their plan to distribute to more locations Outside. They give tours and have a nice tasting area.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Wow. That's cool! I actually was toying with the idea of routing through Juneau, AK on the way up.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 11:26 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by apodo77
Seems a couple of airline geeks missed this.
Yea, I was scratching my head at that one.

Anchorage Brewing Company has a relatively new tasting room in, you guessed it, Anchorage, and both the beer and the space are World Class. Don't miss it if you're into beer and in the area.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

I asked this question to a lot of people and nobody knew the answer. So I called KE today and sat on hold for awhile. My question was: How many segments are allowed on an award flight booked through KE and flown on AS.

The answer: 7 segments for the whole trip. That means if I want to layover in Juneau I must find at least 1 non-stop flight from ORD-ANC or ANC-ORD.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 8:56 am
Original Poster

I heard from someone that KE agents won't book Horizon flights. Anyone know anything about this? I will find out when I call to put my tickets on hold I suppose.

So I need to book at least one of my (1st class) flights between Chicago and Alaska as a non-stop. The availability of these flights is close to 0. When I look as far out as possible to the very last day in 2016 that flights are scheduled I can sometimes find 1. Does anyone have any idea when AS starts releasing more seats? Maybe 7 months out instead of 10 or whatever it is?

I am operating under the assumption that I need to just keep checking the website.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.