Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS and HU (Hainan) Partnership CONFIRMED!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 22, 2015, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DrAlex
Everything you need to know about the Hainan Partnership

Earnings Chart

Click here for Link to Earning Chart

Eligible flight numbers: 0401-0499, 0700-0799, 7000-7999 (subject to change)

*eff 12/19/16 all revenue fare classes earn at least 25%. You can no longer tell how many miles are earned by fare category as some discount fares earn 50% and some 25% its not completely linked to price.

Redemption Chart "Fuel" surcharge applies.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...s/award-charts

(US to/from Asia & Intra-Asia)

Seat Selection
It's not possible to view your reservation at hainanairlines.com or select your seat online for award bookings. You can contact them by email or phone to assign seats.

North American Gateway Cities (incl non stop destinations)

Boston - PEK, PVG
Chicago - PEK
Los Angeles - CKG, CSX, CTU
New York City - CTU, CKG
Seattle - PEK, PVG
San Jose - PEK
Toronto - PEK
Las Vegas - PEK
Calgary - PEK
Mexico City/Tijuana - PEK
Vancouver - TSN/SZX

Destination Cities in Asia (outside China)
Should be award bookable

Tokyo (HND)
Sapporo (CTS)
Taipei (TPE)
Bangkok (BKK)
Phuket (HKT)
Da Nang (DAD)
Nha Trang (NHA)
Siem Reap (REP)
U-Tapao (UTP)
Sihanoukville (KOS)
Vientiane (VTE)
Chiang Mai (CNX)
Chiang Rai (CEI)
Luang Prabang (LPQ)

Hainan Cities Ouside Asia
NOT award bookable, but AS mileage earning possible (double check flight numbers!)
Tel Aviv
Auckland
Cairns
Brisbane
Sydney
Melbourne
Manchester
Dublin
Edinburgh
Paris (CDG)
Brussels
Prague
Rome
Berlin
Madrid
Moscow
St. Petersburg

Benefits

Business Class Limo Service
Revenue - Yes (C/D/I/Z classes)
Award - No

Special Elite Benefits

LOUNGE ACCESS (Gold and Gold 75K):

Complimentary access to the select Hainan VIP Lounge and First Class / Business Class Lounge "This indicates a link to an external site that may not meet accessibility guidelines." locations listed below when holding a current day ticket/boarding pass with at least one Hainan operated international flight segment. Physical or mobile app digital elite tier card required.

Fortune Wings Lounge in Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK) Terminal 1
Fortune Wings Lounge in Xi'an Xianyang International Airport (XIY) Terminal 1
Fortune Wings Lounge in Haikou Meilan International Airport (HAK) Terminal 1
HNA Club in Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK) Terminal 2
HNA Club in Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport (CAN) Area B
HNA Club in Ürümqi Diwopu International Airport (URC) Terminal 2
Print Wikipost

AS and HU (Hainan) Partnership CONFIRMED!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2017, 6:46 am

Programs: DL GM
Seat selection on HU

Has anyone been successful selecting seats on an HU award?

Recently booked an HU J award. AS lists both the AS PNR and what it claims is the HU PNR. But using the HU PNR at www.hainanairlines.com results in a red error message when I try it in the "manage my booking" tab.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by yaychemistry
Has anyone been successful selecting seats on an HU award?

Recently booked an HU J award. AS lists both the AS PNR and what it claims is the HU PNR. But using the HU PNR at www.hainanairlines.com results in a red error message when I try it in the "manage my booking" tab.
Only flights booked through HU allow access to manage reservation (and select seats) on the site. If you email or call them they will assign seats. I used the email from their contact us page, usaservice @ hnair.com and heard back within about 24 hours.

When i emailed checking on my reservation and asking for window seat assignments

Dear Passenger ,

Thank you for contacting Hainan Airlines .

Please be advise that your reservation is confirmed . You're unable to assign the seats or manage your booking at our official website as this ticket is issued under Alaska Airlines .
We have already assigned the seats at the window for all flights

Best regards,

NAME REDACTED

Hainan Airlines
Malaysia Call Center
Hotline: (86+898) 95339
North America: 888-688-8813/8876 (Mon-Fri: 0600-1800;Sat: 0600-1400;Sun: 1000-1400)
24-hour Booking Hotline in several European Countries:00-800-8768-9999;RUS:810-800-8768-9999
yaychemistry likes this.

Last edited by CDKing; Nov 5, 2017 at 10:57 am
Old Nov 6, 2017, 4:50 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by CDKing
Only flights booked through HU allow access to manage reservation (and select seats) on the site. If you email or call them they will assign seats. I used the email from their contact us page, usaservice @ hnair.com and heard back within about 24 hours.

When i emailed checking on my reservation and asking for window seat assignments
Yup, an email did the trick. Thanks!
Old Jul 10, 2018, 11:17 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Updated the Wiki. I have been researching an award trip for this winter. Hainan had availability, so I went for it. For those who like to keep up to date on the NA gateway cities, Vancouver to Tianjin and on to Shenzen recently started at the end of May. I think Mexico City to Tijuana and on to PEK is also relatively new.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Originally Posted by DrAlex
Updated the Wiki. I have been researching an award trip for this winter. Hainan had availability, so I went for it. For those who like to keep up to date on the NA gateway cities, Vancouver to Tianjin and on to Shenzen recently started at the end of May. I think Mexico City to Tijuana and on to PEK is also relatively new.
Tijuana to PEK wide open availability for award bookings
Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:53 pm

I was able to select seats by using their official web site in China. ??????_????_????_????_????
Old Aug 5, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
how far out does Hainan awards bookings show up, I am lookin for june 2019, appears to be avail to Feb 2019 as far as I can see awards.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by yuel
how far out does Hainan awards bookings show up, I am lookin for june 2019, appears to be avail to Feb 2019 as far as I can see awards.
Some folks were having difficulty booking far out because Hainan wasn’t posting their schedule out more than 7-8ish months. IIRC if you search their website or GF you won’t find any availability beyond February (currently).
Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
I just looked for HU award flights on their own website and they definitely had available flights in June. Bigger problem was indeed that they haven't actually posted their new schedule yet so a lot of flights are missing from both cash and award search. (Eg seasonal SYX flights)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.