Wiki Posts
Search

combining customer service vouchers

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
combining customer service vouchers

Is it possible to combine customer service vouchers to use multiple ones on the same ticket?
Old Jul 8, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I would like to know as well. Esp if i can use companion fare discount code with the customer care code. Between me and my wife (personal + business) - i almost always end up using companion fare code and would like to use the customer care code with it.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 3:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by amartin1979
Is it possible to combine customer service vouchers to use multiple ones on the same ticket?
Back in the day I heard it was possible to combine vouchers by calling customer care, but some friends have been rejected recently on several occasions.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 3:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by harishv79
I would like to know as well. Esp if i can use companion fare discount code with the customer care code. Between me and my wife (personal + business) - i almost always end up using companion fare code and would like to use the customer care code with it.
Companion certs have (IME) never been combinable with other discounts.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
one thing is that there are certain types of discount codes you can deposit into your "my wallet". if these codes are of that nature, you can deposit all of them into your wallet and then spend them in one place.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 6:25 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
There are two kinds of vouchers AS distributes.

1) A 'DISCOUNT CODE'. If your voucher is one long string of letters and numbers (usually starts with EC I believe), it's a Discount Code. Only one Discount Code may be used per purchase. Discount Codes may be for a fixed amount or percentage ($50 off, or 5% off), or might apply some other benefit (the AS Visa companion fare is basically a Buy One, Get One Discount Code). Discount Codes are single-use, like a coupon. Once you use it, you can never get it back. If you cancel a ticket for which you used a Discount Code, you will lose the Discount Code.

The distinguishing feature of Discount Codes is that they alter the base fare, before taxes and fees are calculated.

2) A 'CREDIT CERTIFICATE'. If your voucher is a 16-character code with a separate 6-digit PIN, it's a Credit Certificate. Up to 4 Credit Certificates may be used per purchase. Credit Certificates are a declining-balance value store, much like a physical gift card. If you don't use the entire balance, you can apply the remainder to your next purchase. If you cancel a ticket from which you used a Credit Certificate, you will get a Credit Certificate back.

The distinguishing feature of Credit Certificates is that they are accepted as a form of payment, so apply to the fare as well as any taxes and fees.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 7:12 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by baliktad

1) A 'DISCOUNT CODE'. If your voucher is one long string of letters and numbers (usually starts with EC I believe), it's a Discount Code. Only one Discount Code may be used per purchase. Discount Codes may be for a fixed amount or percentage ($50 off, or 5% off), or might apply some other benefit (the AS Visa companion fare is basically a Buy One, Get One Discount Code). Discount Codes are single-use, like a coupon. Once you use it, you can never get it back. If you cancel a ticket for which you used a Discount Code, you will lose the Discount Code.

The distinguishing feature of Discount Codes is that they alter the base fare, before taxes and fees are calculated.

2) A 'CREDIT CERTIFICATE'. If your voucher is a 16-character code with a separate 6-digit PIN, it's a Credit Certificate. Up to 4 Credit Certificates may be used per purchase. Credit Certificates are a declining-balance value store, much like a physical gift card. If you don't use the entire balance, you can apply the remainder to your next purchase. If you cancel a ticket from which you used a Credit Certificate, you will get a Credit Certificate back.

The distinguishing feature of Credit Certificates is that they are accepted as a form of payment, so apply to the fare as well as any taxes and fees.
That post should be in a sticky.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 1:39 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
one thing is that there are certain types of discount codes you can deposit into your "my wallet". if these codes are of that nature, you can deposit all of them into your wallet and then spend them in one place.
Originally Posted by baliktad

Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
That post should be in a sticky.
Agreed. And add in how 'my wallet' funds work as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.