Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weird GoGo Internet Problem

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2015, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Weird GoGo Internet Problem

Has this happened to you? I've always had good success with my wifi connection on AS. But for the last couple weeks when I try to buy wifi on Alaska I get an unexplained error message ("we're sorry but..."). To make it even stranger, even after getting that error message I have no problem using the wifi for free alaska.com access. And my laptop works on Southwest wifi and other wifi networks too. Any ideas? Has this happened to you lately? Thanks.
Old May 20, 2015, 8:56 pm

Programs: DL, US, XE, VS, VX, AS
What browser are you using? Have you tried a different browser?
Old May 21, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by bofc
Has this happened to you? I've always had good success with my wifi connection on AS. But for the last couple weeks when I try to buy wifi on Alaska I get an unexplained error message ("we're sorry but..."). To make it even stranger, even after getting that error message I have no problem using the wifi for free alaska.com access. And my laptop works on Southwest wifi and other wifi networks too. Any ideas? Has this happened to you lately? Thanks.

Interesting. Do you have a monthly GoGo subscription or were you tying to log in to buy day passes?

FWIW, I've flown about 10 segments so far this month, between ANC and SEA or PDX, along with mid-cons & trans-cons. I have not encountered any problems logging into my GoGo account and using my pass.

There haven't been service outages on my flights except for transient times when we've flown further than 200 to 250 miles off-shore between Alaska and the Lower 48 and it can't pick up a signal for a brief period of time.
Old May 21, 2015, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Thank you Upstate Dave! I had the problems while using Google Chrome. When I tried Mozilla it worked fine again. Much appreciated.
Old May 22, 2015, 8:02 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
For me the weird part would be if GoGo worked correctly. Then again, it always goes down hill for me AFTER payment... go figure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.