Up to 5,000 free miles for Self-Tag

Old Apr 20, 15, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Up to 5,000 free miles for Self-Tag

Today Alaska announced you can get 1,000 miles (up to 5 times before October 20) for printing out a bag tag at home before heading to the airport.

If you are MVP or above you get a free checked bag, so why not take them up on this offer??

http://singleflyer.com/2015/04/20/50...lf-tag-online/

Last edited by Single_Flyer; Apr 20, 15 at 2:53 pm Reason: Added screen shot
Old Apr 20, 15, 4:37 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Direct link to Alaska's site:
http://www.alaskaair.com/content/dea...::announcement

Haven't tried this out yet, guess this is a good incentive to give it a shot.
Old Apr 20, 15, 5:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
So I print out my 8 1/2 x 11 "bag tag", cut it out, attach it with Scotch tape? Really?
Old Apr 20, 15, 5:31 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Eujeanie View Post
So I print out my 8 1/2 x 11 "bag tag", cut it out, attach it with Scotch tape? Really?
Lol....that's not exactly what the process according to the "how to" video on alaskaair.com.

http://www.alaskaair.com/content/tra...g-express.aspx
Old Apr 20, 15, 5:43 pm

Nah...fuggediboutit...one of my favorite things about being Gold is having everyone wait on me hand and foot...
Old Apr 20, 15, 5:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

This is exciting and just the motivation I need to use my bag tags I ordered.
Old Apr 20, 15, 5:49 pm

OK, beckoa, you've given me new life. WHERE do I get the sleeve? Would Eugene have them?
Old Apr 20, 15, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Boston is coming soon
Old Apr 20, 15, 7:11 pm

Ok, EUG is one of the cities, and I'm flying in 10 days. Just ordered 4. I'm still not sure...I don't print out at home, but rather the kiosk at the airport? And if 2 of us have 2 (free) bags each, that's 4,000 extra miles per flight? (Uh-oh, should I have ordered 2 for me and 2 under my husband's name, or doesn't it matter)?
Old Apr 20, 15, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eujeanie View Post
Ok, EUG is one of the cities, and I'm flying in 10 days. Just ordered 4. I'm still not sure...I don't print out at home, but rather the kiosk at the airport? And if 2 of us have 2 (free) bags each, that's 4,000 extra miles per flight? (Uh-oh, should I have ordered 2 for me and 2 under my husband's name, or doesn't it matter)?
Only 1,000 per flight per account. So even if you check two bags, you can only get 1,000 points. Your husband could get 1,000 under his account as well.

As for ordering the tags, it doesn't seem to matter how many you order per account... I ordered three under my name/account number.
Old Apr 20, 15, 7:54 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by awaite01 View Post
Only 1,000 per flight per account. So even if you check two bags, you can only get 1,000 points. Your husband could get 1,000 under his account as well.

As for ordering the tags, it doesn't seem to matter how many you order per account... I ordered three under my name/account number.
I noticed they require a confirmation code when you order the reusable tags...if they are reusable, why would you need a confirmation code?
Old Apr 20, 15, 8:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Originally Posted by awaite01 View Post

I noticed they require a confirmation code when you order the reusable tags...if they are reusable, why would you need a confirmation code?
So people don't just order the sleeves for the heck of it
Old Apr 20, 15, 8:16 pm

Programs: AS: MVPG, Hyatt: P, SPG: G, Marriott: G, IHG: P
SJC and SFO are still "Coming soon"
Old Apr 20, 15, 8:17 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Alaska is doing free checked bags on select flights through the end of April. I fly one of these routes every few weeks. I never check a bag, but next time I will - assuming I can still get the free 5K miles for checking my bag (even if that's for free). Hope they extend the free bag deal!
Old Apr 20, 15, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nwflyboy View Post
Alaska is doing free checked bags on select flights through the end of April. I fly one of these routes every few weeks. I never check a bag, but next time I will - assuming I can still get the free 5K miles for checking my bag (even if that's for free). Hope they extend the free bag deal!
It's only 1,000 miles per flight, up to 5 times before October. But if you have 5 flights before April 30 then you max it out!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: