Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AK credit Post AM and US mileage plan merger

Old Mar 20, 15, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold

Sorry if this has been asked, wasn't able to find online.

After USAir's plan is phased into American Air's plan (end of March), will they begin offering AK mileage credit when I fly USAir Flights? I currently have a US Air Acct I use in these US Air flights and get AK Credit when I fly American.
Old Mar 20, 15, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
I doubt that AirAsia (AK) credit will be offered.

US is merging with AA (American) not AM (Aeromexico).

It is unlikely that US will ever allow credit to Alaska (AS). Eventually they will stop flying when there is a single operating certificate (AA's) and the point will be moot.

Welcome to Flyertalk.
Old Mar 20, 15, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG
That will be interesting when they have one program and still be 2 airlines. Former US members will be able to fly AS and earn AA miles while AS members will still be status quo.
Old Mar 21, 15, 7:43 am
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
can we maybe get a sticky in size 150 font that says "You do NOT earn AS miles on US operated flights"
Old Mar 21, 15, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ANC View Post
can we maybe get a sticky in size 150 font that says "You do NOT earn AS miles on US operated flights"
Even If there was it would still get missed
Old Mar 21, 15, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Exclamation

Originally Posted by CDKing View Post
That will be interesting when they have one program and still be 2 airlines.
To be fair, that situation will only last about a week. The SOC for the combined carrier should be issued on April 8th.
Old Mar 21, 15, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO View Post
To be fair, that situation will only last about a week. The SOC for the combined carrier should be issued on April 8th.
Ill need to read up in the AA forum. Now i just hope my US companion cert will still be good. Would love to earn AS miles on it. Plus my 2 companions
Old Mar 21, 15, 11:42 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Exclamation

Originally Posted by CDKing View Post
Ill need to read up in the AA forum. Now i just hope my US companion cert will still be good. Would love to earn AS miles on it. Plus my 2 companions
Hmmm. Im suspecting that you can't. While the two carriers will have combined under one SOC and one FFP, the res system will still be separate. So that means US metal will still exist. As the terms of the cert state, it cant be used on partner airlines. Therefore, no AS miles can be accrued while using the cert.
Old Mar 22, 15, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
thanks for the replies and the lesson in Airline codes

I did see the note that US Air flights were not eligible for Alaska Mileage credit, that's why I set up my USAir mileage account. Was hoping I didn't need to now open American Air account for the US Air Flights, but looks like I will until the mergers complete.

Thanks again- appreciate the site.

Jim
Old Mar 22, 15, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward View Post
I doubt that AirAsia (AK) credit will be offered.

US is merging with AA (American) not AM (Aeromexico).

It is unlikely that US will ever allow credit to Alaska (AS). Eventually they will stop flying when there is a single operating certificate (AA's) and the point will be moot.

Welcome to Flyertalk.
Here I was laughing at this post, and then had an extra laugh when I saw who it was. It will be sad to see US disappear if only for the reason that no longer will flights be called CACTUS.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: