Wiki Posts
Search

DL Slashes Points Earned on AS

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2015, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
DL Slashes Points Earned on AS

Starting April 1st we AS/MP members should have more seats up front!
http://milecards.com/1588418828/delt...ing-april-1st/
Old Mar 11, 2015, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
The bloggers are slow. We have been discussing it in the last few pages of

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...er-thread.html
Old Mar 11, 2015, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Safe rule of thumb; if the news is more than a few hours old, it's already being talked about on FT, and whatever you're posting is probably a duplicate thread...
Old Mar 11, 2015, 8:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Isn't this old news?
Old Mar 11, 2015, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Sorry guys, I didn't notice it in the other thread. Damn, thought I was ahead of the game!!!
Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Waitlisted
Sorry guys, I didn't notice it in the other thread. Damn, thought I was ahead of the game!!!
Technically you probably are ahead of the game. DL is sure to make more cuts down the road!
Old Mar 12, 2015, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Safe rule of thumb; if the news is more than a few hours old, it's already being talked about on FT, and whatever you're posting is probably a duplicate thread...
OT but If there is a blog post about it, It's likely already being discussed on FT. We all know where the bloggers source their information
Old Mar 12, 2015, 7:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It was announced on FT by the "SkyMiles Team" (official rep with green username) as a minor change. People had to look to find the details, which most do not consider to be minor.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 4:44 pm
Suspended

If you book right now through Sabre (aka you're a business traveler) then no, you're not getting upgraded. Their system is broken yet again.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ou81two
If you book right now through Sabre (aka you're a business traveler) then no, you're not getting upgraded. Their system is broken yet again.
What does this have to do with the topic at hand? Oops, sorry some one did say upgrade so i apologize. Tangential connection to topic at hand.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:01 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
clearly every day the AS/DL partnership is becoming one of codeshare flight offerings only and thats most likely due to a contractual agreement with an expiration date that the public is not yet privy to. I still think AS could really stuff it do DL if they could reach a deal with Sun Country based in MSP(ahem a DL hub also) to be a mileage plan partner. Their base is mainly tourism to the sothern US and Carribean. They also have that pivotal ANC/MSP route which is seasonal that possibly with AS feed could turn into year around. How much of that current year around ANC/MSP DL service is fed by AS flights from OTZ, OME, FAI, BET, ADK, SCC, BRW, and ADQ. Ive always thought AS buying Sun Country would be a great expansion opportunity along with their all 737 fleet plan but a strong partnership would be great and a lot less risk for AS

Last edited by ANC; Mar 12, 2015 at 9:10 pm
Old Mar 13, 2015, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by ANC
Ive always thought AS buying Sun Country would be a great expansion opportunity along with their all 737 fleet plan but a strong partnership would be great and a lot less risk for AS
Maybe a partnership of some sort, but actually buying Sun Country makes very little sense. AS can acquire 737's directly from Boeing, if they need more planes. Feeding a single MSP-ANC seasonal flight is not going to measurably improve AS's profitability, nor are seasonal routes from MSP to leisure destinations.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 5:03 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by formeraa
Maybe a partnership of some sort, but actually buying Sun Country makes very little sense. AS can acquire 737's directly from Boeing, if they need more planes. Feeding a single MSP-ANC seasonal flight is not going to measurably improve AS's profitability, nor are seasonal routes from MSP to leisure destinations.
SY runs these seasonally on a stand alone basis. I bet with AS feed to SY in Alaska they could turn that MSP route into year around if they offered competitive fares with DL. And with AS feed from Alaska and SEA......annnnnd PDX(I think PDX/MSP is right around the corner based on how the turf battle is going) they could probably run some of those carribean destinations year around if not daily at least 3 or 4x a week. Would be real nice to not have to go all the way to MIA or ATL to redeem an AS award to the Carribean or West Indies
Old Mar 15, 2015, 4:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, Starwood Rewards
Even Better, if AS bought Sun Country, AS could move to terminal D in DFW!!! (the ritz Carleton of terminals at DFW, for those that don't know....)
Old Mar 15, 2015, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If only it was still 100%. There's some good DL runs to Asia from BOS at under 3CPM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.