Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

BOS Operations to Move (Again) to Terminal B Gates 35A-36 (10/16/2019)

BOS Operations to Move (Again) to Terminal B Gates 35A-36 (10/16/2019)

Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by nearlysober
AA has a small "grab & go" lounge of some sort over by B4 - if they expand that into a full lounge it will be a bit of a hike from the proposed AS gates, but at least accessible air-side.
The grab & go lounge is temporary while AA renovates the Admirals Club on that side of BOS.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA Gold, DL Silver, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by 1K-SFO
Reupping this for 2019...

Same sad BOS gates, same uncertain PreCheck, same insufficient bathroom situation?
Having done a few BOS mileage runs last year, it appears to me that they only operate the Pre-Check line in the late afternoon/evening when all 3 AS flights to the West Coast are scheduled to leave. The food in the bar in the "secure" area seems to be coming from Jerry Remy's as I've seen the same guy in the restaurant running food over to the bar area. As for Jerry Remy's, you don't need to show a boarding pass (at least they haven't asked me yet) to dine there----but I would suggest allocating 1-2 hours as the service is extremely NON-attentive there and I've witnessed several people leave after sitting around for 10-15 minujtes waiting for a server. The food isn't that great but if you want to kill time and use your PP benefit (assuming you have that), they do serve alcohol. Another option if you don't mind going through security lines twice and have time is to use the lounge or visit the main C terminal area (primarily Jet Blue). There's more there but just make sure to allocate extra time to go back through security for the AS gates.
RaginPlainsman likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:49 am

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
How realistic is it to visit Stephanie's in B or the lounge in C before a flight from the AS gates? How much time should we plan to get over there?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:46 pm

Programs: AS 75k, SEA-BOS expert level 2000
Originally Posted by 1353513636
How realistic is it to visit Stephanie's in B or the lounge in C before a flight from the AS gates? How much time should we plan to get over there?

You have time. There is a PP restaurant (the sports bar) right outside the AS gates, it is open to PP in the afternoon. Stephanie's is a bit of a walk from C.

I've done the lounge inside C a couple of times. Still is a little bit of a walk. It is a breeze with PreCheck then just back over to C41.
​​​
The security at the AS gates goes very quick in my experience. 3 flights at the most at a time since there are only three gates. I normally go through security as soon as I get the boarding notification on my phone. Most people have already passed through and there is a convenient exit from the sports bar right to the security check point (and bathrooms).
Old Jun 8, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
June has arrived... Any update on a move date to Terminal B?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 5:06 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75, UA 1K, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Platinum
The wait continues...

I got this a couple of weeks ago from the BOS Station Supervisor:

We truly appreciate your taking the time to complete our survey. I wanted to share with you that in around 4 months we will be moving to terminal B here at Boston Logan. Our new gate space will provide a more consistent experience and additional amenities as well as access to the American lounge.

Should you want to share additional feedback or suggestions regarding how we can improve our services, please feel free to share via the alaskalistens.com survey or you can also share via our website at www.alaskaair.com/contactus .

Thank you,

Chanthal Harris

ACTive Well-being Champion

BOS Station Supervisor

Airport Operations & Customer Service

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
June has arrived... Any update on a move date to Terminal B?
UAPremierExec and ashill like this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:32 am

Flew in last night , those B gates are still under construction. They have the jet bridges installed.
peejayemm likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
I fly out of BOS with AS often. I kind of don't want them to move to B just so I can keep using Jerry Remy's with PP, it's extremely valuable currently (and often I just hang out there until I receive notice of boarding, since security is so quick even when the PreCheck line isn't online anymore).

Although with Amex nuking PP restaurants as a benefit, maybe Chase and others will follow suit anyways by the time this move is completed.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by SEA737
I fly out of BOS with AS often. I kind of don't want them to move to B just so I can keep using Jerry Remy's with PP, it's extremely valuable currently (and often I just hang out there until I receive notice of boarding, since security is so quick even when the PreCheck line isn't online anymore).

Although with Amex nuking PP restaurants as a benefit, maybe Chase and others will follow suit anyways by the time this move is completed.
I haven't tried the Stephanie's in B, have you?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by peejayemm
Our new gate space will provide a more consistent experience and additional amenities as well as access to the American lounge.
I feel like their current C gate area provides an extremely consistent experience. When I use it, its consistently crowded and uncomfortable.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 4:13 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Spiffieman
I haven't tried the Stephanie's in B, have you?
No I haven't, but Jerry Remy's is one of the better PP restaurants I've been to

Edit: now that I think about it, I have, but only for very early and quick breakfast, so I didn't get the full experience
Old Aug 4, 2019, 4:19 pm

Well, June came and went and it's still the little terminal in C. I guess we'll see how long it takes to move.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Well, starting with the 5 Nov schedule they are basically down to 1 flight a day from SFO/LAX/SAN/PDX and two to SEA. Another round of trimming and they wont need any gate space in BOS at all
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:36 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Well, starting with the 5 Nov schedule they are basically down to 1 flight a day from SFO/LAX/SAN/PDX and two to SEA. Another round of trimming and they wont need any gate space in BOS at all
Well, its sort of a seasonal thing. By March theyre back up to two (from SFO).
Old Aug 4, 2019, 10:28 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Delta Folks at Logan think they will be rid of SouthWorst (out of Terminal A) by about October. So, the question is are the C and B renovations being done at the same time or will the renovation for Alaska follow the renovation for SW?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.