Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

BOS Operations to Move (Again) to Terminal B Gates 35A-36 (10/16/2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOS Operations to Move (Again) to Terminal B Gates 35A-36 (10/16/2019)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
Too bad starting 11/1, one has to fly OneWorld to use the AA lounge in Terminal B. With recliner chair, shower and clam chowder, it is one of my favorite AA lounges!

Edit: False alarm. One can also use AS boarding pass to get in.

Last edited by cloudybw; Oct 15, 2019 at 2:07 pm Reason: Correct information.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by cloudybw
Too bad starting 11/1, one has to fly OneWorld to use the AA lounge in Terminal B. With recliner chair, shower and clam chowder, it is one of my favorite AA lounges!
Huh? Is that a change specific to the BOS lounge? Because the terms for Admirals Clubs in general are changing to require a flight on a oneworld airline or AS.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
Originally Posted by ashill
Huh? Is that a change specific to the BOS lounge? Because the terms for Admirals Clubs in general are changing to require a flight on a oneworld airline or AS.
My mistake. It seems it indeed includes Alaska Airline.

However, as a Citi Exec authorized user, I am not allowed to use AS lounge (only primary cardholder can). I am not sure whether I would be turned away the other way around.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 3:43 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
I'll be flying in/out of Boston this weekend. I'll update on the experience.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 3:54 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cloudybw
My mistake. It seems it indeed includes Alaska Airline.

However, as a Citi Exec authorized user, I am not allowed to use AS lounge (only primary cardholder can). I am not sure whether I would be turned away the other way around.
You would be able to access the AA lounge with the Authourized User card as long as you are flying OW or AS. You essentially have a full AC Membership that doesn't have AL reciprocity. As you said, that is extended to the Primary cardholder only. On 11/1, the only change will be that you need to be flying OW/AS that day, not just airside.... It prevents use of the AC when departing or connecting through on other carriers.

I don't think it was AA's intent to provide up to 11 memberships, each with guest privileges, with a single CC AF so they could host a party for the boys before blazing off on a B6, Boston to Barbados Birthday Bash!

James
Old Oct 15, 2019, 4:14 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
boys before blazing off on a B6, Boston to Barbados Birthday Bash!
Winner of FT's Annual Alliteration Award.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
A day too late for me. Do you think this will even help with delays?!?!?! We arrived on time today but had to wait an hour for a gate since one of the planes had mechanical issues.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 5:40 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dayone
Winner of FT's Annual Alliteration Award.
...boys before blazing off on a B6, Boston to Barbados Birthday Bash while bizarrely beguiling bets of balancing bottomless beakers of boutique bourbon & bitters from Bunsen Burners on their beautiful bulging biceps and bobbling buddocks with boggling brilliance and the banter of "Brothers" bestowing the best by the beaten. Better?

James
jiburi and ashill like this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
...boys before blazing off on a B6, Boston to Barbados Birthday Bash while bizarrely beguiling bets of balancing bottomless beakers of boutique bourbon & bitters from Bunsen Burners on their beautiful bulging biceps and bobbling buddocks with boggling brilliance and the banter of "Brothers" bestowing the best by the beaten. Better?

James
Better if B6 were in terminal B.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Only 2 gates means how much more waiting for a free gate. We took hour delay yesterday from LAX yesterday due to gate was blocked by delayed flight
Old Oct 16, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by CDKing
A day too late for me. Do you think this will even help with delays?!?!?! We arrived on time today but had to wait an hour for a gate since one of the planes had mechanical issues.
I don't know if there are more alternative gates lying around that they could use on demand if needed in B than the three-gate area in C. But they had two (plus occasionally a third) gate in C, and now they have two gates in B, so there isn't an obvious change.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 4:58 pm

Programs: AS 75k, SEA-BOS expert level 2000
I don't know if there are more alternative gates lying around that they could use on demand if needed in B than the three-gate area in C. But they had two (plus occasionally a third) gate in C, and now they have two gates in B, so there isn't an obvious change.

I remember reading in one of the MassPort slide decks that someone posted on here that B30 and B31 were unclaimed and could be used as overflow for the airlines that are close. Dunno if that is still the case.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
It's not a very large terminal. Ten minutes or so at a decent walking pace. Certainly not enough further that cutting through the garage and clearing security again will be faster even with precheck. And of course you should be able to clear security on the AA side, so you only have to do the walk in one direction.
Okay cool, thanks. And yeah, I figured I would be able to clear on the AA side since it's all connected airside, but I feel like terminal maps never really give you a great sense scale if you've never been in the terminal before so it was just hard to judge.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 8:02 pm

So I flew into B gates on Fri morning. I love that I can get coffee as soon as I get off the plane. Starbucks is right there. There are 4 restaurants right there at the terminal exit as well. Baggage claim was easy to get to, but it took 30 minutes to get bags and the gal there was clueless on the bag claim guarantee. Still have to submit that in. Ill update Monday morning how much of a cluster checkin and security is.
chrisl137 and Eurynom0s like this.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 3:39 am

So Monday morning departure. Arrived at 450am. Checked in 2 hours early. Ticket counter was relatively slow. Had bags dropped in less than 5. PreCheck took less than 10 minutes to get through. It seems to que rather smoothly. 2 lines for that. General Security lines are deceptive in the way they wrap, however they too seemed to be moving. I really enjoy the fact the there are real facilities in B gates. Had Breakfast at Stephanies using the Chase Priority Pass. Food was really good. Overall at least for me this is a very positive change from where they used to be.
rustykettel, DrAlex and Eurynom0s like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.