Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

BOS Operations to Move (Again) to Terminal B Gates 35A-36 (10/16/2019)

BOS Operations to Move (Again) to Terminal B Gates 35A-36 (10/16/2019)

Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Damn. That's what went in there?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Friendlys! We had three of them within five miles of my house as a kid.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 5:20 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Yup. Friendly's has replaced the Fuddrucker's. I'm pretty sure the Sbarro is still there, next to Friendly's.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 10:54 am

Programs: MVP Gold 75k, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Just got back from my trip to BOS and that gate area is miserable.

Just a note for those looking to spend time in the Sky Club. Walk is about 15 minutes from SC to C Security. There is an intra terminal shuttle but I imagine it's hit or miss.
Old May 22, 2015, 8:43 am

Has there been any improvement in the last month? I'm flying out on AS tomorrow - is Precheck there in any form?
Old May 26, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Precheck is available only in the "Precheck-lite" form. Shoes stay on, coats come off, laptops out.
Old May 27, 2015, 5:26 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Has there been any improvement in the last month? I'm flying out on AS tomorrow - is Precheck there in any form?
When we flew out (5pm BOS-PDX), the security line was only a two or three people deep. They will let you keep your shoes on, but I don't think pre-check buys you much time at the line anyway because it's so quick for everyone.

Maybe its gets a little busier at other times.
Old May 27, 2015, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by yaychemistry
When we flew out (5pm BOS-PDX), the security line was only a two or three people deep. They will let you keep your shoes on, but I don't think pre-check buys you much time at the line anyway because it's so quick for everyone.

Maybe its gets a little busier at other times.
We went through this past Saturday, for the 6:30 BOS-SAN flight. We got in line a little after 5:30 and it was about midway down the ramp. 5 minutes later and you could see the line backing up almost to the food court.

I'm so used to precheck that I definitely sent my laptop through still in the bag. Expedited is otherwise fine, though. Shoes on, metal detector.

I wonder if they ever build a secure connector to the main terminal area, or if AS moves out of this space first.
Old May 27, 2015, 7:32 am

Programs: DL GM
We went through this past Saturday, for the 6:30 BOS-SAN flight. We got in line a little after 5:30 and it was about midway down the ramp. 5 minutes later and you could see the line backing up almost to the food court.

I'm so used to precheck that I definitely sent my laptop through still in the bag. Expedited is otherwise fine, though. Shoes on, metal detector.

I wonder if they ever build a secure connector to the main terminal area, or if AS moves out of this space first.
I suppose that makes sense - at that time you've got the 6:30 pm BOS-SAN and 6:55 pm BOS-SEA flight at those gates. Plus whatever B6 is trying to do at the third gate.

The connector to C40+ has been planned since 2012 according to this B6 page:
http://blog.jetblue.com/index.php/20...lue-in-boston/

I wouldn't be surprised if they add the E to C connector, then shove AS into E before connecting C40+ to the rest of C.
Old May 31, 2015, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVPG, SPG/Marriott Gold
It seems that PenAir has now taken over all ground responsibilities for AS in BOS. They still seem to be learning how to do things, if baggage delivery on 5/30 was any indication. The belt barely started moving before the 20 minute guarantee expired, and would intermittently stop for a few minutes after every 15-20 bags came out. It took a good 40+ minutes before they were done.

At least there was a friendly and apologetic PenAir agent in the baggage claim area who explained this was only their 2nd day handling flights, and who offered the baggage guarantee forms to all who were still waiting. I'm sure they'll get the hang of things, hopefully it is sooner rather than later!
Old May 31, 2015, 10:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by seadan
It seems that PenAir has now taken over all ground responsibilities for AS in BOS. They still seem to be learning how to do things, if baggage delivery on 5/30 was any indication. The belt barely started moving before the 20 minute guarantee expired, and would intermittently stop for a few minutes after every 15-20 bags came out. It took a good 40+ minutes before they were done.

At least there was a friendly and apologetic PenAir agent in the baggage claim area who explained this was only their 2nd day handling flights, and who offered the baggage guarantee forms to all who were still waiting. I'm sure they'll get the hang of things, hopefully it is sooner rather than later!
A 737 is a bit of a larger a/c for 7H
Old Jun 1, 2015, 8:11 am

Which flight were you on?

I was on the SAN-BOS flight on 5/30. The timing didn't seem too bad for me, but we also took our time getting to baggage claim and I'm not 100% sure how long it took us
Old Jun 1, 2015, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium

I thought Pen Air has been handling BOS operations since Delta abruptly pulled out a while ago?
Old Jun 12, 2015, 12:05 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVPG, SPG/Marriott Gold
Which flight were you on?

I was on the SAN-BOS flight on 5/30. The timing didn't seem too bad for me, but we also took our time getting to baggage claim and I'm not 100% sure how long it took us
We were on AS12 SEA-BOS. The arrival time of the flight was clearly posted on the baggage claim monitor, so it was easy to see how long bags took to arrive.

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I thought Pen Air has been handling BOS operations since Delta abruptly pulled out a while ago?
Earlier in the thread someone mentioned it was B6 (JetBlue) that handled it originally. The Pen Air agent did also say it was their second day of handling flights -- so perhaps JetBlue was temporary until PenAir could staff up to handle the load?
Old Jun 12, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Maybe I was just lucky but I got to security about 45 min before departure of the BOS-PDX flight and the time to go through security was maybe 5 min. TSA precheck stamps your paper boarding pass and you show it at security in order to keep your shoes on.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.