Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus Miles on Y, S, B and M Fares

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2018, 9:19 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by koopas
Sorry, not sure what you mean by upfared. That particular segment SEA-PDX was purchased in Y, but was upgraded at the gate.
When you were upgraded, what was the fare class showing on your itinerary for that segment? If it was U then your calculations are correct. If by chance they moved you to F or P class then the calculation would be.

500 × 1.75 (75% COS, EQM/RDM) + 500 × 1.25 (Elite Bonus RDM) = 1500 RDM

I had an IRROPS once on a U Fare, the agent just moved me into F on the other flight and I got the 75% COS

James
Old Dec 30, 2018, 9:33 pm

Programs: AS, DL
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
When you were upgraded, what was the fare class showing on your itinerary for that segment? If it was U then your calculations are correct. If by chance they moved you to F or P class then the calculation would be.

500 × 1.75 (75% COS, EQM/RDM) + 500 × 1.25 (Elite Bonus RDM) = 1500 RDM

I had an IRROPS once on a U Fare, the agent just moved me into F on the other flight and I got the 75% COS

James
Thanks James and VegasGambler. The new boarding pass I was given at the gate post-upgrade shows "F" after the flight number, which corroborates your calculation and explains my earning 1,500 miles. I thought that if upgraded, you would earn miles based on the originally-booked class of service. No complains though...
Old Dec 30, 2018, 10:42 pm

Thanks James and VegasGambler. The new boarding pass I was given at the gate post-upgrade shows "F" after the flight number, which corroborates your calculation and explains my earning 1,500 miles. I thought that if upgraded, you would earn miles based on the originally-booked class of service. No complains though...
Santa is still busy I see. Happy New Year.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 11:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Someone manually changed your fare class to F. Congrats on this ^
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
Too bad the OP didn't realize before the flight. He could have had unfettered access to the AL too.

James
Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
Hi Beckoa; long time no talk!
When one gets upgraded at the gate, does the agent usually put the flyer in "U" class instead of "F"?
Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Too bad the OP didn't realize before the flight. He could have had unfettered access to the AL too.

James
Greetings James,
If by "AL", you mean the Alaska Lounge, I usually hang out at the Skyclub instead. I find the AS lounges very blah Too bad one will have to be flying exclusively on Delta in 2019 to access the Skyclubs.
I didn't realize I got upgraded until my boarding pass beeped when scanned at the gate and I was handed a new one. Good to know for next time though.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: AS
We just returned from trip. Purchased Full Y (due to loss of 60 day) with Companion Certificate. Upgraded to F 3 months before flight. So, U fare showing on BP.
Original fare was Y and miles just posted. We both received only "regular" miles as EQM on this trip.
My understanding is that it should be 50% EQM . Am I missing something here?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by pcoll
We just returned from trip. Purchased Full Y (due to loss of 60 day) with Companion Certificate. Upgraded to F 3 months before flight. So, U fare showing on BP.
Original fare was Y and miles just posted. We both received only "regular" miles as EQM on this trip.
yeah, the 50% COS bonus ... email or call should fix; if email, attach original receipt showing that you indeed purchased Y
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
You might want to scroll up through this thread for the experience of a first poster from four years ago....

Just got off the phone with AS cust. service. Because our Y fare /companion cert was upgraded (U) my bonus EQM did not post to my account.
They quickly removed old posting and reposted flight credits to show Y Fare Bonus. Yea!!!- more than halfway to MVP, maybe we will go for Gold this year!!
mtnsider likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by jrl767
yeah, the 50% COS bonus ... email or call should fix; if email, attach original receipt showing that you indeed purchased Y
Does this apply to both passengers? (we are both MVP)
Hey Rusty, yeah, still having same issues.
Mostly wondering if policy has changed since 4 years ago
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:59 am

Does this apply to both passengers? (we are both MVP)
Hey Rusty, yeah, still having same issues.
Mostly wondering if policy has changed since 4 years ago
Per posts #33 (missydarlin) & 35, yes it appears so. Primary traveler should get the CoS bonus, but the companion officially doesn't (but may slip through from time to time based on others' experience).

Sorry, it made me chuckle when I saw that original post above and was pretty much the same thing.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:07 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Didn't realize the companion isn't supposed to get the CoS too. My family flew on a pair of companion fares over Thanksgiving, with our returns on M Fares. Everyone received the CoS bonus.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by williwaw
Didn't realize the companion isn't supposed to get the CoS too. My family flew on a pair of companion fares over Thanksgiving, with our returns on M Fares. Everyone received the CoS bonus.
Post #42

Last edited by rustykettel; Feb 16, 2019 at 11:42 pm Reason: extraneous character
Old Feb 16, 2019, 10:41 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by rustykettel
é
Post #42
Mum’s the word.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.