Wiki Posts
Search

BLI-LAS cxl for the summer

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2015, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by OO-SLC-CR9
OO is killing off the E120s by summer... I need to book a flight on one soon xSLC to say I've at least been on one... I just don't really feel like dropping $250 on a flight to Elko, Moab, or Vernal...
if you have UA miles, get yourself over to SFO pronto for a few remaining oddball OOdbaUAX routes that will soon go the way of the dodo.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 1:20 pm

Programs: All the Programs...
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
if you have UA miles, get yourself over to SFO pronto for a few remaining oddball OOdbaUAX routes that will soon go the way of the dodo.
Alas, besides my 30k in my Alaska bank, all I have are about 2,500 SkyPesos...
Old Feb 11, 2015, 6:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Nexus
Originally Posted by CZBB
Indeed, BLI loses mainline pretty much all summer.
BLI-LAS gone
BLI-HNL gone
BLI-SEA (yes there's a flight right now) gone

nothin' but Q400s.
I wonder if there's an OO announcement, for E170 or CR7 service BLI-LAS ?
This caused me great , as BLI-HNL is pretty much all I fly. So, I had a look at the calendar for the whole summer, and there isn't a day where it was not showing a BLI-HNL. Sure, some might route through SEA, but as far as I saw, all the flights were there.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 7:37 pm

Programs: WN CP, WN A-List Preferred, AS MVPG 75k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
This is rather disappointing as I regularly fly BLI-LAS. I can't say I'm surprised though as the number of people sitting on the planes has steady gone down as the CAD takes a tumble.

I really had my hopes set on the continued expansion of the LAS mini-focus city.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

As BLI-LAS / BLI-HNL are primarily leisure routes, I'm not surprised. People in the Northwest tend to stay in the Northwest in the summer; when the weather is really nice. Do you really want to go to LAS when it's 44 degrees there (link: 44 degrees in alternate measure for the three countries that aren't metric; Myanmar, Liberia, and that other one )

The aircraft is actually routed LAS-BLI-HNL and the LAS checkin guy said they do sometimes route passengers that way, so cxl means you pretty much have to cxl both (although lately 3x/week it overnights in BLI and skips the HNL run)
Old Feb 12, 2015, 12:30 am

Programs: HH Silver
YES!!!!! I love the hot, dry air in Vegas. I only travel there in the summer these days. A result of my aging, cold, body I guess. Sucks that AS does not have any non stops in the summer to PSP either.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 6:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold
Frontier is pulling out of BLI as well:

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2015...from.html?rh=1
Old Feb 16, 2015, 1:07 am
Original Poster

I can live with changing in SEA during the summer, but the 80% fare increase on BLI-LAS certainly isn't a step in the right direction:

cheapest fare -- one way:
  • pre non-stop cancellation: $99
  • summer via Seattle: $179
  • after resumption in late Aug: $185 (via SEA), $219 nonstop
Old Feb 16, 2015, 1:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Well it seems AS thinks it can fill the A/c more...
Old Feb 16, 2015, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
I can live with changing in SEA during the summer, but the 80% fare increase on BLI-LAS certainly isn't a step in the right direction:

AS fares ~6 months in advance very rarely are going to be the best you can get, especially if on a route that might have low demand.

I'd hold off buying for now, or if you must buy now, make sure you GARR it regularly on Yapta.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:00 am

Programs: HH Silver

In October it goes back down to $99
Old Feb 26, 2015, 8:04 am
Original Poster

While looking at booking today...

Cancelled Jun 7-Aug 23
AS 649 LAS 1355-1636 BLI
AS 628 BLI 0940-1206 LAS
Apparently they needed the plane elsewhere.
It's worse than I thought; it doesn't resume until Nov 1. Grrrr; not impressed.

Allegiant (that will be a $5 fresh air vent fee please) out of BLI
Air Canada Rouge out of YVR (but they do have hats)

and really the only option is WS out of YVR now
Old Feb 26, 2015, 6:55 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
I'm thinking this is the repurposed aircraft for PDX/HNL additional flight starting this summer.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Two things come to mind about BLI:

1. More profitable opportunities elsewhere or aircraft needed elsewhere to compete with DL

2. The current exchange rate of the Canadian dollar is depressing demand from British Columbia.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by formeraa
Two things come to mind about BLI:

1. More profitable opportunities elsewhere or aircraft needed elsewhere to compete with DL

2. The current exchange rate of the Canadian dollar is depressing demand from British Columbia.
Apparently enough demand for up to 3x/daily on Allegiant.. And Alaska had 2x at one point. Pretty much every time I've taken these flights they've been close to full, and they were looking for volunteers to bump last time I was on it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.