Wiki Posts
Search

Same-day change

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2015, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Same-day change

Can I call Alaska in the morning and change from an evening flight to an afternoon flight (for no charge)? Or do I have to go to the airport and standby fir the earlier flight?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 2:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Can't tell from the mobile interface if the OP has status or not.

Without status SDC is $25. This is possible within 6 hours of the requested flights departure.

With status this can happen at 10PM the day prior to departure. MVPG's also get the fee waived. And standby is an option.

Depending on route there are some 'shuttle markets' with more flexible terms.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 2:57 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by WNHHTraveler
Can I call Alaska in the morning and change from an evening flight to an afternoon flight (for no charge)? Or do I have to go to the airport and standby fir the earlier flight?
This might be helpful.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:01 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond
Alaska's policies for same day changes: http://www.alaskaair.com/content/tra...t-changes.aspx

If you don't have MVP Gold or 75K status, the fee is $25. It can be done on the phone, online, or at an airport kiosk. Standby on Alaska barely exists except in the shuttle markets (Seattle ↔ Portland, Seattle ↔ Spokane, Anchorage ↔ Fairbanks).
Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the responses! I actually found the info on the Alaska website. I did check their first but couldn't find it initially. Thanks again.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:33 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Non-elite: Charged $25, can only request within 6 hours of desired flight
MVP: Charged $25, can request as early as 10PM day prior
Gold/75K: Free, can request as early as 10PM day prior

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.