Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

BA is Doing a Delta Re: Discount Economy Earning...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA is Doing a Delta Re: Discount Economy Earning...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by Often1
Not sure the whole miles thing ever made sense. We live in a world where tickets are paid for with currency and there is no per mile fee for air travel. Awarding FF benefits based on # of miles flown makes little sense.
That might be true, but should every program switch to the $$ based rewarding of points, points then become connected to $$ and IRS may then be empowered to tax our point balance.

Jiburi
Old Jan 30, 2015, 5:13 pm

Programs: AS: MVPG, Hyatt: P, SPG: G, Marriott: G, IHG: P
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
There is little point to doing any new partnerships when you are winding down an airline. I think US never partnering with AS until it's a dead letter is a safe prediction.

Not surprising, really. AA is weak TPAC, and DL (via NW) and UA had long historical attachment to SEA. AA ran a one-off SEA-NRT route back when oil was cheap and P2P on international routes was more common, but OW has never been all that interested in SEA outside of being a BA/AA spoke.

I would think that we'd see JL/CX SEA service before AA ever tried anything. And perhaps a JL partnership with AS might make sense...
Adding JL as partner would be great, also I still have hope on HU.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.