Wiki Posts
Search

Worst F Travelers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2015, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, DL Silver
Worst F Travelers

I've had a terrible F experience on AS in the last month, not Alaskas fault, but still its hard to believe some people:

LAX -> SEA

Arrived at LAX after doing 13 hours from AU on Qantas in coach, was happy to see my F upgrade had cleared. Half empty F cabin. Right before door close, a small family (Husband / Wife, baby, 2 year old, and nanny) boarded. Everyone but nanny sat in F.

Wife was a nightmare, 2 year old was screaming, baby crying.

We take off, wife gets a porta-potty thing out of the overhead and proceeds to let her 2 yr old start to use it IN THE AISLE.

FA put a stop to this, but everyone else in F couldn't believe what we just saw.

I hate it when people book their entire family in F. Kids don't need the room.

At least it was just 2 hours of listening to the wife ..... and the babies cry.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 8:56 pm

I fly with my 2 year old in F very frequently. Gotta tell ya, the extra room with kids is great. But yeah, I don't think I've ever had anything nearly that bad happen on a flight with my kid or any others.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
The toilet thing is bizarre!

On the other points, water is wet, sky's blue, babies cry, who would have thought!
Old Jan 3, 2015, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PWMTrav
I fly with my 2 year old in F very frequently. Gotta tell ya, the extra room with kids is great. But yeah, I don't think I've ever had anything nearly that bad happen on a flight with my kid or any others.
My kids are small enough that their legs don't touch the floor. Why do they need legroom?

If your kid is well behaved it doesn't really bother me....Unless my upgrade didn't clear ;-)
Old Jan 3, 2015, 9:00 pm

Also, it is low class to book your nanny in a lower class, in my opinion. Our nanny travels in the same cabin we do, rather its in the back or the front. More than that, what's the point of her being along if she isn't able to help??
Old Jan 3, 2015, 9:01 pm

http://blog.sfgate.com/sfmoms/2014/0...airplane-seat/

Delta passengers outraged when child poops on airplane seat

Passengers on a Delta Airlines flight from Beijing to Detroit last week were horrified when a Chinese child squatted on his seat and proceeded to defecate.... A flight attendant spoke with the family but according to China Smack, “the elders were unmoved, leaving the flight attendant no choice but to drop the subject.”
Old Jan 3, 2015, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by joneholland
My kids are small enough that their legs don't touch the floor. Why do they need legroom?

If your kid is well behaved it doesn't really bother me....Unless my upgrade didn't clear ;-)
Not legroom, width. It's the space of an entire coach aisle. They do move around during the flight, you know

We're only flying 20-35k a year, so you'll clear ahead of us. If you don't, I paid for the seat!
Old Jan 3, 2015, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
Also, it is low class to book your nanny in a lower class, in my opinion. Our nanny travels in the same cabin we do, rather its in the back or the front. More than that, what's the point of her being along if she isn't able to help??
I forgot to mention, the Mom turned around and yelled for the Nanny a couple of times and she walked up from Row 10 or so. The FA also put a stop to this after the 2nd or 3rd time.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 9:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by joneholland
Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
I forgot to mention, the Mom turned around and yelled for the Nanny a couple of times and she walked up from Row 10 or so. The FA also put a stop to this after the 2nd or 3rd time.
That's bizarre.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

That's bizarre.
Not to mention super classy!

Hell, next time just make the kid sit with the nanny if it's going to be like that.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP
This is why I use BOSE headphones. Best investment ever!
Old Jan 4, 2015, 12:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Two words.

Duct tape
Old Jan 4, 2015, 4:35 pm

Why even have a kids if you need a damn nanny with you at all times.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 10:13 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
I know several AS FAs that DONT want kids in F class and I could NOT agree more!! Consensus I've heard is no one under 8 years old.

Recent LAX-PVR is point in case 3 or 4 year old kicks the back of my seat constantly while patents do nothing!!!
Old Jan 4, 2015, 10:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...rst-class.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...hildren-f.html

Neil

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.