Lounges in SAN

Old Jan 8, 15, 9:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Originally Posted by beckoa View Post
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I've connected several times in SAN in the last year.
Because you had to, or because it was 1200 more miles than connecting in SEA?

I stand corrected - I thought AS was mainly running O&D out of SAN.
Well when coming/going from Hawaii.

Also the BOS-Hawaii is significantly cheaper via SAN
Old Jan 9, 15, 3:26 am

Programs: AS MVPG, WN A-List
SAN’s greatest strength (location) is also its greatest limitation (complex geography and no room to expand). But the Airport Authority has projects in motion to address many of the issues mentioned in this thread.

Rental Cars:
Construction is nearing completion on a new Rental Car Center (scheduled to open January, 2016) that will consolidate the rental companies into a single location, with a single shuttle bus that will run at frequent intervals (similar to SEA).

Terminal 1:
SAN is several years into the planning phase of a long-term project to demolish Terminal 1 (along with the Commuter Terminal) and construct a modern, sprawling replacement that will connect with Terminal 2. Four hypothetical designs are currently being considered. They’ve posted a summary video here: http://www.san.org/Airport-Projects/...velopment-Plan

It’s possible this whole project will be scrapped before exiting the planning phases, but Terminal 1 is so badly in need of renovation that I suspect, at the very least, a partial demolition and overhaul will occur within the next five to ten years.

This is a stab in the dark, but my guess is that Alaska (or even SAN itself) may be reluctant to invest in a new Board Room for Terminal 1 if that space is potentially slated for demolition.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: