Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2016 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2015, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by 3ur0tr45h
Hitting MVP tonight on segs. #30 is going to be SMF-PDX. I just started flying with AS in May after flying primarily with WN. I will be flying 8-12 segs/3400 miles a month so I might just hit 75k on the segs alone! Might have to do a few seg runs
Ugh. Segment qualifying. IMHO, the toughest way to go. I've always thought they should give the segment qualifiers priority over the mileage qualifiers within the same tier. I guarantee you've spent more time with AS doing 30 segments vs my 4 TCONs (and probably spent a ton more money, too, but let's not go to revenue )
Old Jul 10, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: AS G75K
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Ugh. Segment qualifying. IMHO, the toughest way to go. I've always thought they should give the segment qualifiers priority over the mileage qualifiers within the same tier. I guarantee you've spent more time with AS doing 30 segments vs my 4 TCONs (and probably spent a ton more money, too, but let's not go to revenue )
Yeah it's pretty brutal. I only fly up and down the west coast with a midwest jaunt 1-2 times a year. Being in BLI means that it's 4 segs every time I go somewhere though. It would be nice if they lowered the seg requirements a bit but oh well. The free beer on QX makes up for it ^
Old Jul 10, 2015, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Yeah it's pretty brutal. I only fly up and down the west coast with a midwest jaunt 1-2 times a year. Being in BLI means that it's 4 segs every time I go somewhere though. It would be nice if they lowered the seg requirements a bit but oh well. The free beer on QX makes up for it ^
props to you. i used to qualify for Premier Exec on segments on UA when I lived in LNK & PHL. it's a tough way to go, particularly on regional with no F. now that i have moved out here i'm qualifying on distance with frequent trips back east and some INTL travel.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Mmm! JO's seasoning.
Old Bay you mean clearly the best.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, Marriott Gold, SPG
BLI is my home airport too, so I know what you mean with 4 segment minimum. I will say the Gold mileage bonus is nice on top of that 500 minimum. I did have a few transcons earlier this year so earned gold with mileage already but now am looking at 75K potentially with segments.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 12:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by PV_Premier

Mmm! JO's seasoning.
Old Bay you mean clearly the best.
http://www.jospices.com/jo_spice_retail_seafood_crab_seasonings_shrimp_fis h.php

#2 extra hot

All good though and they have quite the variety. TSA will want to inspect carry-on though
Old Jul 10, 2015, 1:37 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
Hmmm... 33.5K BIS AS miles as of yesterday. Might hit 75K this year but not likely.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 5:23 pm

Programs: AS G75K
Originally Posted by willyplur
BLI is my home airport too, so I know what you mean with 4 segment minimum. I will say the Gold mileage bonus is nice on top of that 500 minimum. I did have a few transcons earlier this year so earned gold with mileage already but now am looking at 75K potentially with segments.
Wow cool to know another Bellinghamster is on here!
Old Aug 15, 2015, 9:57 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
I hit the 75k mark with my SEA BUR SEA flight last week still have a lot more flying this year to do, so I may use my coupons now that I made my 75k status again
Old Aug 16, 2015, 1:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

Late October I'll reqalify for 75K now Seems I've overshot it again by a bit
Old Aug 16, 2015, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

finally re-qualified for MVP 2016 on AF673 MSP-CDG on 8/4/15, assuming I get the miles for it. it's going to be a close call on whether i make it back to MVPG, with one more trip back to AMS this year and a remaining transcon on the books. we need to buy tickets yet to MIA/EYW as well, and i expect a remaining trip to STL. i have a couple of cheap LAX-BWI mileage runs booked for later this fall if i need them.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
My travel spreadsheet shows that I'm on track to requalify for 75K on a flight in late September. That's the plan, unless I have to make changes in the trips that are currently on the books.

Here's my current puzzler: The AS website shows my mileage accrual being 286 miles *more* than my current spreadsheet total. For the life of me, I can't find the error - and I recall that the two running totals were exactly the same up until my last trip between ANC and JNU.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by AKCuisine
My travel spreadsheet shows that I'm on track to requalify for 75K on a flight in late September. That's the plan, unless I have to make changes in the trips that are currently on the books.

Here's my current puzzler: The AS website shows my mileage accrual being 286 miles *more* than my current spreadsheet total. For the life of me, I can't find the error - and I recall that the two running totals were exactly the same up until my last trip between ANC and JNU.
Was a flight in a higher fare class with a bonus? Ie shorthaul booked into S,B,M?
Old Aug 16, 2015, 2:55 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
Was a flight in a higher fare class with a bonus? Ie shorthaul booked into S,B,M?
Seems very likely: a 50% bonus (Y, S classes) on ANC-JNU would be 286 miles on the dot.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 12:38 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy

Originally Posted by Kieron
Seems very likely: a 50% bonus (Y, S classes) on ANC-JNU would be 286 miles on the dot.
Bingo! I had completely forgotten that my outbound segment had to be changed a week before travel, and it apparently was rebooked as an S fare.

Mystery solved, thanks to the tactful fare class reminders provided by beckoa and Kieron.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.