New SEA N Terminal Boardroom

Old Dec 15, 2014, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
New SEA N Terminal Boardroom

Its official:

You Asked, We Listened
Your New Board Room Is On Its Way

While we're thrilled about the Seattle rooftop lounge (opening in 2018), we'd like to welcome you to a new temporary Board Room in the Seattle North Satellite before that time arrives.

You can expect this second Board Room to open in the North Concourse in mid-2015. We hope this second location will help make your journeys more comfortable and even more hassle-free. Stay tuned: We'll be announcing the open-date early in 2015.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:22 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
You can expect this second Board Room to open in the North Concourse in mid-2015.
I'll believe it when I see it. It was supposed to open in August, then November now "mid-2015." Hopefully the PoS doesn't need this location for "construction offices" too.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:32 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
"Mid 2015" would be June or July. Who thinks that will actually happen?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:51 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TSA PreCheck
When I was at the SEA boardroom last week they said Summer 2015.... That could mean august too.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I thought this was the big announcement that it was actually open now.....mid-2015? Seriously? They must be building their version of a Centurion lounge and it takes that long to get the right chef and menu figured out
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:16 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I thought this was the big announcement that it was actually open now.....mid-2015? Seriously? They must be building their version of a Centurion lounge and it takes that long to get the right chef and menu figured out
Who will open their new lounge sooner? The airport's incumbent carrier, who already has relationships with the port, experience with lounge staffing, catering, maintenance, and load planning? Or AmEx, who operates even fewer lounges in fewer locations and has no existing resources at SEA?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by baliktad
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Who will open their new lounge sooner? The airport's incumbent carrier, who already has relationships with the port, experience with lounge staffing, catering, maintenance, and load planning? Or AmEx, who operates even fewer lounges in fewer locations and has no existing resources at SEA?
AMEX did announce a lounge first- sounds like B terminal.

Wonder if the temp AS BR will be available for PP members?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I was over at the N terminal a couple weeks ago and looked around for where it could be, and came up empty. We know it will not be downstairs (unless something changed again) but anyone have an idea of where it will be?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
I had always understood AS would be taking over the old United Club downstairs. Word is United gutted it when they left but even so, I can't imagine why it should take another 6 months to get that facility open! Get a good crew of carpenters, move in the furniture - a couple months, tops. Unless they're in no great hurry.

As to alternative locations, back in the 80s the old Red Carpet Club used to be located upstairs across from N-8/9. It's not as large as the facility downstairs, but it'd do in a pinch.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:37 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
I had always understood AS would be taking over the old United Club downstairs.
Supposedly the PoS has taken that space over to serve as construction offices for the N gate renovations...

Last time I was in SEA, they mentioned it'd be around N16/N1. I don't know where there's any space for a club by N8/9.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

AMEX did announce a lounge first- sounds like B terminal.

Wonder if the temp AS BR will be available for PP members?
1) Seriously? I was just joking about the AMEX Centurion lounge comment...if they're planning a lounge in SEA, I'll never fly non-stop from PDX again

2) Since PP gets you into the existing Alaska BR right now, I can't imagine why you wouldn't be able to get into the "temporary" BR (which in my option will probably be open anywhere from 5 to 10 years before the new lounge opens so that's pushing the bounds of the word "temporary"....lol).
Old Dec 15, 2014, 8:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1629425-centurion-studio-sea-future.html
Old Dec 16, 2014, 5:27 am

Programs: Marriott - Platinum Lifetime, UA- MM, AS- MVPG75
When I was in the Army (many decades ago) our standard line was "Hurry up and Wait." This issues resurrected that thought.
Old May 3, 2015, 12:56 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, DL Gold, Hilton Gold
I keep looking at the N terminal. The downstairs location is obviously taken and I dont see any other space upstairs except maybe by N1, but doesnt look like much room. I inquired in the existing BR and they said there was going to be one at N but..... what has come of this?
Old May 3, 2015, 1:05 am

Supposed to be open in the summer, but doesn't sound like work has started yet

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.