Wiki Posts
Search

New SEA N Terminal Boardroom

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2015, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by beckoa
It looked like today they were working on insulation or something... they seemed to have large 'bales' of stuff inside looking thru the door cracks.
Oh, the bales are for the new Hay Machine. You just push the button and two plops of hay will come out on your little plate. Rumor has it that there will be an assortment of these to moisten them up. It is part of the Alaska Drought Beyond Empathy snack program.

Old Sep 23, 2015, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Oh, the bales are for the new Hay Machine. You just push the button and two plops of hay will come out on your little plate. Rumor has it that there will be an assortment of these to moisten them up. It is part of the Alaska Drought Beyond Empathy snack program.

*slow clap*
Old Sep 23, 2015, 10:22 pm

While we all eagerly await the temporary North Satellite boardroom, here's the latest from yesterday's commission briefing on the larger "NorthSTAR" overhaul:

http://www.portseattle.org/about/com..._7a_report.pdf

See page 44 noting a target completion date of July 27, 2020.

And while we don't yet know what the actual rooftop Board Room will look like, we can take solace knowing that someone put a few minutes of thought into the sign telling us how to get there

Last edited by BeverageCart; Sep 23, 2015 at 10:28 pm
Old Sep 23, 2015, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by BeverageCart
While we all eagerly await the temporary North Satellite boardroom, here's the latest from yesterday's commission briefing on the larger "NorthSTAR" overhaul:

http://www.portseattle.org/about/com..._7a_report.pdf

See page 44 noting a target completion date of July 27, 2020.
Probably too early to make definite birthday plans.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 10:51 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by BeverageCart
a target completion date of July 27, 2020.
A reminder that Rome wasn't built in a day and the North Satellite won't be renovated in five years.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
July 2020? You have got to be kidding! I have never seen anything move slower than the Port of Seattle!
Old Sep 24, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
July 2020? You have got to be kidding! I have never seen anything move slower than the Port of Seattle!
Wow, I have always wondered when Hades would freeze over. This is now AS latest best guess? Another 3 year membership plus another year on top of that to possibly step foot in the place? That's not going to happen. How sad
Old Sep 24, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k / AS Boardroom
July 2020!?!?
Won't we all have personal hovercraft by then that can get us from Seattle to London in under 2 hours? Will airports still be necessary?

Interesting fact: The Seattle Mariner's stadium was built in 2.3 years. Seahawks stadium was built in 3 years. The Boardroom is taking LONGER than it took to build 2 stadiums (one with a retractable roof) COMBINED. Think about that.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by tbau
July 2020!?!?]Interesting fact: The Seattle Mariner's stadium was built in 2.3 years. Seahawks stadium was built in 3 years. The Boardroom is taking LONGER than it took to build 2 stadiums (one with a retractable roof) COMBINED. Think about that.
In all fairness, they weren't playing games in them during the construction.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by LwoodY2K
and we're not visiting the BR for pancakes during construction, either.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 10:42 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
No one is visiting the temporary Board Room in the N terminal. It is completely blocked off and quite the eyesore right now. From the sound of the report, the new BR will be above the NEW extension of the N terminal, so it will not interfere with current ops either.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 10:43 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k / AS Boardroom
You're kidding right? Nobody is allowed in the new Boardroom while it's being built either. I haven't even found a way to peek inside and I've got a membership.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by BOB W
No one is visiting the temporary Board Room in the N terminal. It is completely blocked off and quite the eyesore right now. From the sound of the report, the new BR will be above the NEW extension of the N terminal, so it will not interfere with current ops either.
Latest I've heard is due to unexpected delays, the temporary BR location on N will be open in November.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 11:24 am

Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
Agreed 5 years is an insane timeframe, even given the fact that airport ops must continue around the construction.

Another interesting tidbit I found in the POS's (appropriate acronym, btw ) is this: "AAG decided to delete Dual Door scope from the project."

IIRC, there was a pilot test awhile back on planning/deplaning from both the front and back doors - looks like we have the results of that testing in the POS document.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by pdxasflyer
Another interesting tidbit I found in the POS's (appropriate acronym, btw ) is this: "AAG decided to delete Dual Door scope from the project."

IIRC, there was a pilot test awhile back on planning/deplaning from both the front and back doors - looks like we have the results of that testing in the POS document.
QX does a lot of the dual door thing but it always seems to be a cluster. For some reason people can't seem to understand what, "if you are seated in row 10 or higher, use the rear door" means!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.