New SEA N Terminal Boardroom

Reply

Old Nov 3, 15, 9:35 am
  #151  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PHX
Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 3,447
Originally Posted by jsguyrus View Post
I beg to differ, I enjoy the boardroom or I wouldn't be a member. However, if I am paying for a service I dont think it is too much to ask to be able to find a seat, have adequate food, or not have to stand in line to use the restroom. Have you been to the Sky Club and seen how they have upped their game? This is Alaska's direct competition and they would do well to follow Delta's lead. Several years ago the boardroom was far superior to any Sky Club, that is no longer the case. Everyone on this site is loyal to Alaska and wants to see them do well!!
Honestly, I expect the BRs to be one of the best domestically. Why? AS only has four BRs to take care of versus all the legacy carriers. Even if they only concentrate on the BRs in SEA, this would be a huge plus.
Jimgotkp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 15, 1:13 pm
  #152  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: SEA
Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Delta Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, MR Silver
Posts: 228
Originally Posted by BOB W View Post
and where does the Nov. 10 date come from?
I was in the Seattle BR Monday morning. I asked the front desk when the N Terminal BR would be open and was told "November 10th". I later went upstairs for a Bloody Mary and heard the bar staff discussing "November 10th." Later, I was downstairs and heard two staff members make the following exchange:

BR Staff #1: "I thought the North Board Room was opening on the 7th."
BR Staff #2: "We get our keys on the 7th. It's open on the 10th."

So if someone who is in the current Board Room on the 7th-9th wants to confirm, he or she can ask the staff if they have their keys to the North Terminal Board Room yet.
dashark is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 15, 1:23 pm
  #153  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SEA, but up and down the coast a lot
Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
Posts: 16,936
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp View Post
Honestly, I expect the BRs to be one of the best domestically. Why? AS only has four BRs to take care of versus all the legacy carriers. Even if they only concentrate on the BRs in SEA, this would be a huge plus.
There is such a thing as "economy of scale".
eponymous_coward is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 15, 3:42 pm
  #154  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: SEA
Programs: AS 75K
Posts: 759
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward View Post
There is such a thing as "economy of scale".
And "return on investment"!

Because really, would AS having awesome BRs really generate that many more bookings/memberships?
(If AS BRs were as good as the centurion lounges I'd consider getting a membership for sure)
LwoodY2K is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 15, 4:19 pm
  #155  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: HNL
Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Posts: 641
Passing through SEA around 6:30 am on the 10th. Fingers crossed.
WrightHI is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 15, 4:39 pm
  #156  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SEA, but up and down the coast a lot
Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
Posts: 16,936
Originally Posted by LwoodY2K View Post
And "return on investment"!

Because really, would AS having awesome BRs really generate that many more bookings/memberships?
(If AS BRs were as good as the centurion lounges I'd consider getting a membership for sure)
It's a limited network, with large customer bases that connect mostly in ANC/SEA/PDX/LAX. (I find it hard to believe the AS customer base in SJC/SAN is a lot of business-oriented traffic that shells out for club memberships because they're connecting, given the emphasis on places like Hawaii and resort destinations like PVR/SJD).
eponymous_coward is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 15, 4:55 pm
  #157  
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 9,808
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward View Post
"economy of scale".
Originally Posted by LwoodY2K View Post
And "return on investment"
And "loss leader."

Originally Posted by LwoodY2K View Post
(If AS BRs were as good as the centurion lounges I'd consider getting a membership for sure)
Centurion lounges operate under much different accounting and economics than airline lounges.
dayone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 15, 5:13 pm
  #158  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Snohomish, WA
Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Posts: 2,461
Originally Posted by LwoodY2K View Post
(If AS BRs were as good as the centurion lounges I'd consider getting a membership for sure)
Um, you realize that if you have a card that gives you access to AmEx Centurion lounges you have access to Alaska Boardrooms already via your free PriorityPass membership, right?

Neil
missamo80 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 15, 5:34 pm
  #159  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: SEA
Programs: AS 75K
Posts: 759
Originally Posted by missamo80 View Post
Um, you realize that if you have a card that gives you access to AmEx Centurion lounges you have access to Alaska Boardrooms already via your free PriorityPass membership, right?

Neil
Right (and I do indeed take advantage of that fact).

Offtopic from the thread title begins now:
But the BRs (and most domestic lounges) are really just a slight upgrade over the terminal - usually there's more power outlets, faster internet, quieter atmosphere, slightly better seating, sometimes cheaper/free-er drinks - but there isn't anything I'd consider game changing as compared to sitting in the terminal. Showers and full meals are something I'm willing to pay for when I'm in need. In the hypothetical universe where AS revamped all their BRs to be fancy (but left priority pass), I'd put serious consideration to a BR membership rather than the amex annual fee.
Like you say, though, the amex card with PP gives access to the AS BR plus a bunch of nice lounges in the form of the centurion options plus additional lounges of mixed quality when traveling internationally for roughly the same cost as a BR membership so it's not a contest for me.
LwoodY2K is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 15, 9:57 pm
  #160  
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 9,808
Tick...tick...tick.
dayone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 15, 11:16 am
  #161  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 831
Originally Posted by LwoodY2K View Post
Right (and I do indeed take advantage of that fact).

Offtopic from the thread title begins now:
But the BRs (and most domestic lounges) are really just a slight upgrade over the terminal - usually there's more power outlets, faster internet, quieter atmosphere, slightly better seating, sometimes cheaper/free-er drinks - but there isn't anything I'd consider game changing as compared to sitting in the terminal. Showers and full meals are something I'm willing to pay for when I'm in need. In the hypothetical universe where AS revamped all their BRs to be fancy (but left priority pass), I'd put serious consideration to a BR membership rather than the amex annual fee.
Like you say, though, the amex card with PP gives access to the AS BR plus a bunch of nice lounges in the form of the centurion options plus additional lounges of mixed quality when traveling internationally for roughly the same cost as a BR membership so it's not a contest for me.
The BRs have much cleaner and less crowded restrooms than the main terminal. Am speaking about SEA, and with respect to the men's room -- maybe not such a delta for the women's room?

No Centurion clubs at DCA/IAD, so I won't be joining them any time soon.
AndyPatterson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 15, 10:47 pm
  #162  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Snohomish, WA
Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Posts: 2,461
Update: The construction walls are down. You can peer in through the bottom and top of the entry glass. I snapped a few pics, will post when I'm at the hotel later tonight.

There's no way the whole thing is upstairs. As far as I could tell the entryway occupies pretty much the entire space that was blocked off for construction.

Neil
missamo80 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 15, 9:00 am
  #163  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SEA/KRK
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 189
Opens tomorrow!

It will open tomorrow! http://travellingtheworld.boardingar...pens-tomorrow/

Last edited by jackal; Nov 9, 15 at 10:26 pm Reason: Expanding link from bit.ly to full link so readers know they are clicking on the user's own blog
dominik208 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 15, 9:50 am
  #164  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Snohomish, WA
Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Posts: 2,461
Here are two photos I snapped on my way SeaTac through yesterday. I'll be back tomorrow evening, will try and stop in.





Neil
missamo80 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 15, 11:15 am
  #165  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon, USA
Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, AS Boardroom, AA ExPlat
Posts: 853
Looking at those photos makes me wonder whether "tomorrow" (11/10) might be optimistic. I'm guessing we will find out.

--mcz
mczlaw is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread