Shopping portal miles not posting to AS

Old Dec 5, 14, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Shopping portal miles not posting to AS

Hi all,

I have been using my AS Mileage Plan shopping portal for most things I buy online, including booking hotels. Since I book flex-rate, my card is not charged until I check in. Because of this, miles from hotel booking never automatically post, so I always have to contact MP to request those miles. After I forward my hotel stay confirmation as requested, my point of contact (named Markenzy) always says that the miles have posted. However, I never see these miles in my AS account. I do, however, see the miles automatically posted from things I bought through the portal that charges my credit card on the spot.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Old Dec 5, 14, 8:49 pm

Programs: WN RR, HH Gold
I have been hesitant to book hotels through the portal because I wasn't sure how it worked. I assumed you'd have to book a pre-paid (usually non-refundable) rate in order to get the miles to post.
Old Dec 6, 14, 6:22 am

Programs: Alaska MVP, Kimpton IC,Hilton Diamond,Costco Exec,Safeway Club Card
Thanks for the heads up.

I won't be using this portal for hotel reservations. Additional follow up and still no miles? Skip.
Old Dec 6, 14, 9:11 am

Programs: DL, US, XE, VS, VX, AS
RocketMiles

Check out RocketMiles instead. You earn a lot more miles anyway, don't have to pay upfront and they have an initial 3K bonus for first booking.

https://www.rocketmiles.com/alaskaair-3k-bonus
Old Dec 6, 14, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UpstateDave View Post
Check out RocketMiles instead. You earn a lot more miles anyway, don't have to pay upfront and they have an initial 3K bonus for first booking.

https://www.rocketmiles.com/alaskaair-3k-bonus
I have to book on hotel websites (IHG, in particular) due to company policy, otherwise I would use RM for my stays.

Last edited by TOMFORD; Dec 6, 14 at 10:38 am
Old Mar 6, 16, 3:08 pm

Programs: all the big ones.. no LCCs for me
I made a transaction with Auto zone about 2 months ago to keep my son's account alive, so far nothing

I did not take screen shots, do I have any recourse to get miles posted?

Miles expire mid April.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: