Search

ANC Board Room

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP
ANC Board Room

Hey all,

Oddly enough, I've never been in the BR here in my home of ANC. I've been in the BRs of LAX and SEA. What's everyone's opinion of the Anchorage Board Room?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SayNoToCoach
Hey all,

Oddly enough, I've never been in the BR here in my home of ANC. I've been in the BRs of LAX and SEA. What's everyone's opinion of the Anchorage Board Room?
By far the worst BR in my opinion....my biggest gripe is the layout. The food and beverage area is sorta in a small open side room that they can easily rope off every time they want to restock. I've never seen a lounge where they literally close off your food and beverage access during restocking...and we're not talking 5 or 10 min. either. The last time I was there...the bathroom was closed and the food area was closed the entire time. Yeah...love the PDX and SEA Boardrooms....ANC....not so much
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:15 pm
AAL

I actually like the ANC Boardroom. I've accepted that the food offerings are slim. Because the space is long and narrow, I've found it much easier to find a quiet spot than in SEA.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AAL
I actually like the ANC Boardroom. I've accepted that the food offerings are slim. Because the space is long and narrow, I've found it much easier to find a quiet spot than in SEA.
I wish I could comment on the food there but I've never gotten past the rope
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP
Hey PDXPremier, how's the BR in Portland? I lived in Portland from 2008-2011.
I went to school at PSU. I moved back to Anchorage. I was working with my dad, but now I'm disabled from biking too much on a hard seat. I miss PDX!
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Its homey to me

With the most recent remodel they shoved quite a few more seats in though
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I went to school at PSU. I moved back to Anchorage. I was working with my dad, but now I'm disabled from biking too much on a hard seat. I miss PDX!
The PDX BR is great...quiet and relaxing and always plenty to snack on and drink....the SEA BR get a bad rap for being so crowded but honestly, since it it's two floors, I have always found a spot to sit and relax regardless of the day or time I am there.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 1:49 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
The PDX BR is great. I've made some good friends on the staff there (mainly because I bring loads of chocolate around Christmas). I miss the SFO broom closet, but the CX lounge is a great alternative.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 8:04 am
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Ive never seen this" rope" in the ANC boardroom. :/ What times of day is this? Im usually in there anywhere from 6pm to midnight. Its far nicer than some of the lame admirals clubs Ive been in before. Also no matter what boardroom it is, its nice to have craft beer choices. Only thing with the ANC boardroom, Id like to see something other than Alaskan Brewing crafts. Maybe rotate silver gulch or midnight sun etc
Old Nov 27, 2014, 8:05 am
ANC

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Its homey to me

With the most recent remodel they shoved quite a few more seats in though
yeah Im not a fan of that glass wall they added by the bathroom hallway that now protrudes out into the seating area
Old Nov 27, 2014, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ANC
Ive never seen this" rope" in the ANC boardroom. :/ What times of day is this? Im usually in there anywhere from 6pm to midnight. Its far nicer than some of the lame admirals clubs Ive been in before. Also no matter what boardroom it is, its nice to have craft beer choices. Only thing with the ANC boardroom, Id like to see something other than Alaskan Brewing crafts. Maybe rotate silver gulch or midnight sun etc
Truth be told, I think it's actually a chain, but the point is that ALL their food and self-service beverage dispensers are in this little open sided room that they can easily close (and we're not talking 5 min.) whenever they want to restock or transition from morning food to afternoon food....it's funny how the other Board Rooms manage to re-stock and transition from breakfast without closing down the entire operation
Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:01 pm
ANC

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Truth be told, I think it's actually a chain, but the point is that ALL their food and self-service beverage dispensers are in this little open sided room that they can easily close (and we're not talking 5 min.) whenever they want to restock or transition from morning food to afternoon food....it's funny how the other Board Rooms manage to re-stock and transition from breakfast without closing down the entire operation
maybe its the day crew because I dont ever see this issue changing from the soup dinner to the snack cheese and chips
Old Nov 28, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Less crowded and pretentious than SEA but is limited with food selection.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: AS gold
I use the Anchorage board room about once a month and for me the magic
is in the warm greeting from the staff and the fantastic views of the runways
where the big cargo jets from all over the world come and go.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 7:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

Originally Posted by macfadsj
I use the Anchorage board room about once a month and for me the magic
is in the warm greeting from the staff and the fantastic views of the runways
where the big cargo jets from all over the world come and go.
^

Great for plane spotting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.