Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines, Tom Douglas Partner to Bring Signature Dishes to to the skies

Alaska Airlines, Tom Douglas Partner to Bring Signature Dishes to to the skies

Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by BOB W
Cliff has been gone for a long time. Gone well before the advent of polenta. I don't mind it, it's just tasteless cornmeal, only slightly thicker.
If it is tasteless, you can always add salt and pepper. Oh wait. Not always.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 10:02 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
If it is tasteless, you can always add salt and pepper. Oh wait. Not always.
Well, if you ask nicely.....
Old Nov 28, 2014, 4:06 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Originally Posted by BOB W
Well, if you ask nicely.....
.. they'll get you a cheese & cracker plate from the back

Oops.. I thought this was that one Omni thread where we continue the sentence of the previous post.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
.. they'll get you a cheese & cracker plate from the back

Oops.. I thought this was that one Omni thread where we continue the sentence of the previous post.
And no, my wife was in first class from PVR-PDX the other day and asked for the cheeseburger from Y and was charged $6
Old Nov 28, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by edgewood49
we just took two flights inter South Africa on SA and in coach they served a small dish of chicken and rice, crackers and a small great desert plus drinks. That chicken was great and far better than FC on AS for sure.
I just flew two one hour flights on Bangkok Airways (BKK-CNX-BKK) and they served a hot meal as well as coffee/tea service at the end.

Food was good (one chicken noodle dish and one shrimp/rice dish).
Old Nov 28, 2014, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
And no, my wife was in first class from PVR-PDX the other day and asked for the cheeseburger from Y and was charged $6
If there are leftovers of the fresh food after everyone in Y has been given an opportunity to purchase same, an F request is complimentary. If the F pax wants it Veruca Salt-style, the F pax pays.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
If there are leftovers of the fresh food after everyone in Y has been given an opportunity to purchase same, an F request is complimentary. If the F pax wants it Veruca Salt-style, the F pax pays.
With the cheeseburger, I think everyone pays regardless

It's THAT popular
Old Nov 28, 2014, 7:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
With the cheeseburger, I think everyone pays regardless

It's THAT popular
After the first service, it can be offered to those in F for no charge. But it is popular
Old Nov 28, 2014, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Hope he hurries up. The F snack on AS 654, SEA-PHX tonight is a cookie. Chili sounds good.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 10:12 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Hope he hurries up. The F snack on AS 654, SEA-PHX tonight is a cookie. Chili sounds good.
Yup, the cookies are OK, but on a long flight AS needs to step up.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 7:20 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
well AS has always been a leader in using reusable energy sources !!No Pun
Old Nov 29, 2014, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I dislike ranch dressing - bring on the vinagrette!
Old Nov 29, 2014, 9:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), UA Silver, OW Sapphire
Y'all are just assuming the chili has beans. Lots of yummy Texas and New Mexico chili has no beans. That's how I make it :-). (And I hope how our new chef prepares it....)

Dave
Old Nov 29, 2014, 9:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by davew-krdm
Y'all are just assuming the chili has beans. Lots of yummy Texas and New Mexico chili has no beans. That's how I make it :-). (And I hope how our new chef prepares it....)

Dave
That's true.

But I like beans...and they like me too
Old Nov 30, 2014, 7:39 am

Programs: AS Million Miler since 2011, Lifetime MVPG
Originally Posted by CDKing
I think Cliff is gone. I'm hoping the new menu will be on my Feb BOS-ANC MR. I'll need to sustenance for the same day red-eye return PDX-SEA-ANC-SEA-PDX-BOS
Originally Posted by Rich Boykin
I'm flying to DFW on 12/10 - will be interesting to see if its offered on that flight. Wonder if this will be only in coach, or if they will have TD menu touches in first?
Looks like it's available on flights departing SEA only. It only appears on the "Main Cabin" Food and Beverage page on the AS site. And I quote,

$8 USD - Available on flights longer than 2.5 hours departing Seattle after 9:30 am.

Looking forward to hearing a taste report.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.