Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Low AS MP numbers/members...where are you?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2014, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVPG-100K; HH-Diamond

This is sort of a trivial and fun question. How low is your AS MP number. I am 50XXXX. I signed up with AS in the early 80s although I didn't use it to my advantage since I mostly traveled on DL and was not as mileage savvy. Now I book everything using this number.

Sometimes it has created problems and I need to enter some 0's until I hit a certain threshold on partner airlines; e.g. AF needed me to enter four 0's until they were able to 'capture' my AS number. I was at CDG and it was frustrating for both the agent and me. Now I have learned the Flying Blue/KLM trick to avoid this situation.

I'd love to hear your story.

MC

Last edited by Endventure; Nov 23, 2014 at 11:37 am
Old Nov 22, 2014, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Also see this thread for some info about numbers:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...ff-number.html
Old Nov 22, 2014, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Yep..I saw this a few months ago and it's from 2009...yet it seems a few of us are still around from the pipeline days.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 9:04 pm

Programs: AS-GoldMVP,Hilton, Hyatt, Hertz
Mine is 6 digits and starts with a 4 .........
I even had a ticket agent look at my number and say that I didn't have all the digits. I said yes I did, I'm just an ancient......
Old Nov 22, 2014, 9:25 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K (Pure AS)
My wife joined MP well after I, and hers is six digits, starting with a 2. Mine is eight digits, starting with an 8. So she meets the low-number criterion, but is not necessarily as long a timer as many here on FT...

Last edited by amunter; Nov 22, 2014 at 9:26 pm Reason: Correcting a lapse in grammar
Old Nov 22, 2014, 11:07 pm

Long time lurker, first time poster. My number is 137xxx
Old Nov 22, 2014, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

Do you live in AK?

Last edited by Endventure; Nov 23, 2014 at 12:13 am
Old Nov 22, 2014, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BobNed
Long time lurker, first time poster. My number is 137xxx
Hello Bobned! I'm so glad you stumbled upon this post and welcome to FT even though I am not an ambassador and merely an occasional lurker to learn tricks and tips.

I am humbled that this is your first post! Please feel free to share your AS story which surely includes an amazing backstory. When did you join the AS mileage plan... and what keeps you engaged enough to follow FT?

Warmly,

MC in Seattle

Last edited by Endventure; Nov 23, 2014 at 12:09 am
Old Nov 22, 2014, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

I wonder if there are folks with 5 digit numbers..

BTW, I'm not trying to be disjointed by asking questions in three different posts on this thread but now have the 'real estate' for three posts despite my efforts to cancel two of them.

My first trip to Alaska was in June 1980 when I joined USPHS and worked as a nurse at the native hospital in Anchorage. I signed up for the mileage plan soon thereafter and never thought about earning miles.

My first night ended up in a bar with peanut shells covering the floor and a non-lethal gun fight...can you guess where I was?

Last edited by Endventure; Nov 23, 2014 at 12:39 am
Old Nov 23, 2014, 1:26 am

Programs: AS Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
Originally Posted by Endventure
I wonder if there are folks with 5 digit numbers..

BTW, I'm not trying to be disjointed by asking questions in three different posts on this thread but now have the 'real estate' for three posts despite my efforts to cancel two of them.

My first trip to Alaska was in June 1980 when I joined USPHS and worked as a nurse at the native hospital in Anchorage. I signed up for the mileage plan soon thereafter and never thought about earning miles.

My first night ended up in a bar with peanut shells covering the floor and a non-lethal gun fight...can you guess where I was?
I may have had a tie forcibly removed there... Chilkoot Charlies?

Mid-late 80's signup. 7 digit # for me. I have to remember to add the zero in front on non-AS sites.

At that time there was another airline giving away gold certificates. Was is Mark Air? I wonder if I ever cashed in whatever it was they were giving away...

Last edited by sea_jeff; Nov 23, 2014 at 10:51 am
Old Nov 23, 2014, 8:21 am
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Id guessed Rum Runners err nevermind that would probably been a lethal gun fight and it wasnt open in the 80s or even 90s for that matter.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
I joined in the early very early 80's and have 7 numbers. My wife in the early 90's and has six. I am thinking it's non-sequential or they (used to) reassign old cancelled numbers?
Old Nov 23, 2014, 9:34 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Both my wife and I have six digit numbers starting with 98. When flying partner airlines we add two zeros in front to make it an eight digit number.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 9:59 am
rlb

Programs: Alaska Airlines
It appears that the "number" you have, if you were one of the folks that signed up at the beginning of the program- depends on the stack of folders you picked up a the counter at Alaska Airlines when they started the program- in the 80's I believe - My husband and I both signed up at the same time- when we checked into our first flight out of town- after the program started- we used their form at the counter that had numbers on them- his number is 6 digits and starts with 1...sometimes have had to add 0's on front to make it work-. and mine has 7 digits and starts with 8-

Now folks sign up differently- but in those days you filled out a form- that had a number assigned to the form- mailed it in or handed it to the agent- If these numbers make a difference to employees of Alaska Airlines- have no idea.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 11:34 am
Original Poster

"My first night ended up in a bar with peanut shells covering the floor and a non-lethal gun fight...can you guess where I was?"

Originally Posted by sea_jeff
I may have had a tie forcibly removed there... Chilkoot Charlies?
You bet! I felt like I was transplanted to another planet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.