FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   75 segments between sept and dec. Think I can get a bump to 75K? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1630095-75-segments-between-sept-dec-think-i-can-get-bump-75k.html)

Bri1010 Nov 19, 2014 4:41 pm

75 segments between sept and dec. Think I can get a bump to 75K?

I just moved to the west coast in September of this year and started flying on AS for the first time. Between Sept 1 and Dec 31 I have flown/will fly on roughly 70-75 segments (including about 10 on partner airlines). While that is not enough to get me to 75K status, I average about 215-250 segments per year, which is clearly evident by my activity during this span. My question is: is there any chance I can plead my case and get bumped up to 75K status at the end of this year, or am I SOL and I'll have to start at zero again in January?

missydarlin Nov 19, 2014 4:57 pm

You always have to start zero again in January. That's when you start earning for 2016 status.

Are you flying mostly short haul? How many miles do you expect to have flown?

Bri1010 Nov 19, 2014 5:04 pm

Sorry, I should have clarified: I know everybody starts over at zero Jan 1. What I meant was will I have to start over from scratch trying to get to 75K? I will exceed the required miles/segments to get 75K status by around April of next year, but I'd prefer to have status in the mean time for the 50K bonus miles and the increased chances for upgrades.

And to answer your question, I fly a lot of short routes. I'll probably end this year around 65k miles.

ANC Nov 19, 2014 5:15 pm

just contact AS with your documentation and see what happens. First time I made MVP I had a similar situation. I was opted into a challenge for MVP. I dont think one exists for 75K though

beckoa Nov 19, 2014 5:19 pm

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Will you have MVPG at the end? If so, I'd just grind thru- as it sounds like you'd hit 75K pretty soon in 2015...

missydarlin Nov 19, 2014 5:22 pm

Are you saying you'll have flown 90 segments between January 1 and April 30?

It looks like you'll easily make MVP Gold by the end of the year, and that's the status you'll carry for 2015 ... at least until you make the 90 segments (all flown in 2015) for 75K.

You could try calling and asking for a status match/comp ... but it wont get you the 50K Bonus. If you think you can make it on your own by April, I wouldn't waste a match/comp request...as that's a once in a lifetime deal.

tonei Nov 19, 2014 6:19 pm

Do you have any flights from earlier in the year on AS partners? I was able to ask DL to revoke mileage credit for a colleague's KLM flights earlier this year so that we could credit them to AS, which put her on track to hit MVPG when she wouldn't have otherwise.

Bri1010 Nov 19, 2014 8:09 pm

Thanks for all of the tips! I will easily hit MVPG before the end of the year, so I guess I'll just ride that til I earn my 75K status in early-mid 2015.