First Class Flights on AS

Old Nov 6, 14, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO
First Class Flights on AS

Next year, I will not have any status with AS. Does anyone know whether or not I would get bumped out of first if I bought a nonrefundable first class ticket for a flight from MCI to LAX with a connection in SEA? I know with DL, when buying an A, G, or P fare, it is considered an upgradeable fare to first class, but they can bump you out of first. I have never been bumped out of first after buying one of these fares, but I did not know if AS would bump me out for a non rev or an elite member. Thanks in advance for your replies.
Old Nov 6, 14, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG, SPG Plat, Hyatt DM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Nope, I've never heard of this before on AS
Old Nov 6, 14, 5:31 pm

Programs: AS gold
Not going to happen.
Old Nov 6, 14, 6:01 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I think the risk of getting bumped out of first on a DL P/A/G fare on DL really only comes up in IRROPS or last-minute Equipment Change (down-gauge)... even on equipment change, if you're watching your itinerary (or email notifications) and you do have an itinerary/equipment change, if you catch it early enough, you can almost always be rebooked on another flight with F availability if there's an alternative itinerary that works for you.

That said, AS doesn't market flights in this way... only risk would be a down-gauge if booked into F with an upgrade instrument (Gold Guest Upgrade would be the only instrument available to a non-status flyer).

Search this Thread