Most convenient SEATAC hotel for early AS flight?

Old Oct 24, 14, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Platinum (Oneworld Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (Skyteam Gold), Shangri-La GC (Jade)
Most convenient SEATAC hotel for early AS flight?

Since most of those on this forum probably fly AS out of SEA regularly, I thought I'd ask here.

What is the most convenient hotel close to SEA? Is there any hotel inside the airport?

Thanks.
Old Oct 24, 14, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
The most convenient hotel is the Coast Gateway Hotel. Unless it is pouring outside, it is an easy walk from the far end (opposite AS) of the airport to/from the hotel. Walking is much faster than the shuttle. It is a completely acceptable "ok" hotel. The second most convenient is probably the Holiday Inn, which can be accessed on foot via the rail station.

If you have luggage that will cause you to need a ride, they're pretty much all about the same within the few blocks from the airport, although I'd expect the ones "across the street" (Holiday Inn, Hilton, etc.) are a bit quicker due to not needing a U-turn.
Old Oct 24, 14, 2:38 pm

Programs: Global Entry, UA, AA, BA, DL, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
The most convenient hotel is the Coast Gateway Hotel. Unless it is pouring outside, it is an easy walk from the far end (opposite AS) of the airport to/from the hotel. Walking is much faster than the shuttle. . .
+1 on the Coast Gateway and try the BBQ at the restaurant (Sharps Roasthouse) just across the parking lot from the hotel entrance.
Old Oct 24, 14, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Barcky View Post
+1 on the Coast Gateway and try the BBQ at the restaurant (Sharps Roasthouse) just across the parking lot from the hotel entrance.
+1 on Sharps. The food is good, the bar is good, and if you're there for happy hour, the deals are good.
Old Oct 24, 14, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No hotels inside the airport. You can walk from AS to the light rail station to International Blvd (all covered). You are then within a half block of the Hilton and Holiday Inn.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/west/...ight=sea+hotel
Old Oct 24, 14, 3:24 pm

Programs: AS; Aeroplan; Hilton (Diamond); Marriott (Gold);
The most convenient hotel is the Coast Gateway Hotel.
I would second (third?) this. Stayed there last month and its about 10 minutes (max) walk from door to door. Another nearby chain option is the Doubletree which is effectively across the street from the Coast.
Old Oct 24, 14, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
The most convenient hotel is the Coast Gateway Hotel. Unless it is pouring outside, it is an easy walk from the far end (opposite AS) of the airport to/from the hotel. Walking is much faster than the shuttle. It is a completely acceptable "ok" hotel. The second most convenient is probably the Holiday Inn, which can be accessed on foot via the rail station.

If you have luggage that will cause you to need a ride, they're pretty much all about the same within the few blocks from the airport, although I'd expect the ones "across the street" (Holiday Inn, Hilton, etc.) are a bit quicker due to not needing a U-turn.
The Holiday Inn has been a Crowne Plaza since earlier this year.
Old Oct 24, 14, 4:27 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Gold - Hertz PC - BW Diamond - IHG Plat
As a died in the wool HHonors member I'd be remiss if I didn't suggest the Doubletree or Hilton. Both walkable and both with shuttles. For me it comes down to what program you stay with.

Just my 2 cents
Old Oct 24, 14, 4:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Agree, as an HHonors guy, I always use either the Hilton, Doubletree, or new (and very nice) Hampton Inn. All three have shuttles for a quick ride to the airport.

Of the three the Hilton is most walkable: one short block to the light rail station, and from there you can walk directly through the parking garage to the airport.

Neil
Old Oct 24, 14, 5:05 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
I'm partial to the airport Hilton. It's a nice property and it's about a 10 minute walk to the security checkpoint at D/N.
Old Oct 24, 14, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tusphotog View Post
I'm partial to the airport Hilton. It's a nice property and it's about a 10 minute walk to the security checkpoint at D/N.
The OP asked for MOST convenient
Old Oct 24, 14, 11:35 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska View Post
No hotels inside the airport. You can walk from AS to the light rail station to International Blvd (all covered). You are then within a half block of the Hilton and Holiday Inn.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/west/...ight=sea+hotel
Not a Holiday Inn anymore - it's now a Crowne Plaza with a decor change. Still, of course, just across the overhead walk across International from the light rail station and they have a shuttle that runs about every half hour.
Old Oct 24, 14, 11:58 pm

Isn't the the Radisson much closer than Doubletree or Coast to Arrivals? Maybe walking to the light rail station from AS baggage claim and then to the Holiday Inn approaches this, but based upon Google Earth, it doesn't look like it.
Old Oct 25, 14, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The OP asked for MOST convenient
I think walking from C and D to the light rail and across the International Dr. via the walkway and the half block to the Hilton takes about the same amount of time as walking from C, D through the terminal then to International Dr and then to the Coast or DT. It's about 10 minutes either way. Plus the trip thorugh the parking garage and walkway is covered except for the last half block. I've done both walks many times and the hilton/crown is the one I usually take now and seems to me to be the quickest (and the one I would take if it is raining).
Old Oct 25, 14, 2:26 am

The Radisson is a five minute walk across the street from the entrance to the airport.

I cheap out and stay at the Red Roof Inn. $60++ and shuttles every 20 minutes in the AM.

Search this Thread