Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Air France Disruption - Implications for Award Ticket

Old Sep 21, 2014, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, AS Gold, SPG 75 Platinum

Hi all,

Long-time lurker, first-time poster...I've got a bit of a complicated question that I was hoping the pros here could help out with. I had a stash of AS miles that I've cashed in for my girlfriend and I to fly to Paris on vacation in first / business.

Our itinerary has a connection in DTW; the first flight is on AS metal, the second with AF. We've been observing the AF strike news, but the recent news that the strike has been extended to Friday, 9/26 is concerning as our flight is on the 27th. Based on current cancellations, it looks like our current flight from DTW (AF 377) would be on the chopping block if the strike were to be extended again.

While it will be a few days before we we know what exactly our situation will be, I'd like to start thinking ahead about other options. The fact that we booked using AS miles on a partner airline means that I'm likely going to have to jump through a few hoops if something were to happen. My main questions are:

1) Who should I expect to work through for a re-booking, AS or AF?
2) If we get re-booked in coach, what sort of compensation should I expect for the fact that I booked a business-class ticket?
3) I happened to buy the Allianz trip protection that was offered at booking. At what point should I look to get them involved?

Thanks for any help you all are able to provide!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.