Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS SEA 40 Minute Connection?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2014, 5:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver,United Miles plus Hawaiian Air AirTran SWA

I have a 48 min connection there
Oak to Sea to EWR
evening flight
Old Sep 8, 2014, 5:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver,United Miles plus Hawaiian Air AirTran SWA

F on both flights
Carry on only
Can it be done?
737-737
Old Sep 8, 2014, 8:18 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by Tony10s
F on both flights
Carry on only
Can it be done?
737-737
I've done it before. If everything is on time, it should be easier than a QX-->AS connection with carry ons.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by tusphotog
I've done it before. If everything is on time, it should be easier than a QX-->AS connection with carry ons.
Sitting in F its very doable. Half the battle in making a short connection is just getting off the plane. On a recent full flight (737-900ER), I was sitting in the 2nd to last row, and it took 15 minutes from parking at the gate until I was out of the jetway. It helps when they open up the back door, but seems like they only do that at like two gates or something.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 10:10 pm

Programs: MVPG75k-Boardroom, Hilton Gold
No problem! As long as that first flight is on time!
Old Nov 15, 2014, 1:50 am

Had zero problems
My connecting gate in Seattle was the next gate over from the first flight
( 20-21 or 22-23)
Very easy
Old Nov 15, 2014, 7:55 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Had no issues going from N to C on a 40 minute connection.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 8:47 am
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
40 minute connection is no problem at all if you are sitting toward the front and dont have to deal with ala cart luggage. Even with ala cart luggage you still probably have plenty of time. Early morning flights are hardly ever delayed. The a/c has been sitting all night and you arent at risk of some inbound a/c that got held up on the other end. Only time first flights of the day are delayed is if the plane springs up a problem during initial daily inspections which involve more than a pre flight inspection (you know...maybe a mouse chewed on a wire overnight) Now if this was AA/AE we are talking about then that would be another story

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.