Wiki Posts
Search

BWI inaugurals

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
BWI inaugurals

My first AS inaugural. I have my laminated commemorative luggage tag. I have my red T- shirt. We're crammed back in C9 so that other pax will not swipe the Costco baked goods. There. Is a band here, but for the life of me I don't understand what they were thinking when they arranged a mediocre cover band to play excessively loud at 7:00 in the morning. I cant hear the person next to me talk much less any announcements that might be made regarding this flight. F has checked in full, with 29 on the upgrade list last time I checked. 35 minutes to boarding and the gate lice are already in place.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Any FTers cutting the ribbon?

Have fun ^
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:58 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Awesome!

Saw some red/blue commemorative shirts around SEA today and they looked pretty cool.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:02 am

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite, Avis First, Hertz PC
I grabbed coffee and pancakes in the BR but caught a bit of the cover band as I was boarding, definitely a wake up pre-8AM with the band.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: Starwood Plat, UA Plat, 2MM, AS MVPG
I"m on this flight next week. Sounds like a nice option.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

BWI is much calmer. Music much more appropriate and muted. Heard a rumor that it was supposed to be salmon thirty salmon but it went mechanical. Cake here but no t-shirt. Lots of BWI tchotckes. And every Baltimore TV station seems to be here.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 3:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

PHL had the mayor show up. Any spottings of a BWI mayor?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by beckoa
Any spottings of a BWI mayor?
The airport is in an unincorporated section of Anne Arundel County, Maryland and is operated by the state of Maryland Transportation Authority.

So, the functional equivalent would be the County Executive (Laura Neuman) or if AS was lucky, the Governor of Maryland, Martin O'Malley.

Did anybody pay attention to the speechifying?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by dgreen12
Any spottings of a BWI mayor?
The airport is in an unincorporated section of Anne Arundel County, Maryland and is operated by the state of Maryland Transportation Authority.

So, the functional equivalent would be the County Executive (Laura Neuman) or if AS was lucky, the Governor of Maryland, Martin O'Malley.

Did anybody pay attention to the speechifying?
Ha was wondering if it fell into a 'crack' like that. They could always pull what happened to ORD
Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:16 pm

Ha was wondering if it fell into a 'crack' like that. They could always pull what happened to ORD
Do tell.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by dgreen12

Do tell.
Mild piece on it...

http://www.encyclopedia.chicagohistory.org/pages/924.html
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:15 pm

Mild piece on it...
Ahhh, Spokane does the same with select pieces of unincorporated Spokane County, much to the unhappiness of the County Commissioners.

Big Box Store just across the border? Whoops! Welcome to the City of Spokane!
Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:55 am
Original Poster

There was no speeches at BWI. If the mayor wasn't there because the airport is in an unincorporated run by the state, I'm as ure nobody would have given a piece of fecal matter. Most travelers wouldn't take note of it. The airport may not be operated by or inside the city of Baltimore but it does serve and support the city. When it comes to publicity such technicalities don't make a lick of difference.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 11:18 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
I was the goat of the upgrade list -- #29, checked in full.

They had two 75ks cut the ribbon -- and neither of their upgrades cleared either.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
I was the goat of the upgrade list -- #29, checked in full.

They had two 75ks cut the ribbon -- and neither of their upgrades cleared either.
Ouch.

Thanks for the update.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.