FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   "Left On Board" form useless (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1607138-left-board-form-useless.html)

Tony10s Sep 2, 2014 1:03 am

"Left On Board" form useless

I think announcements need to be made when the planes land Reminding everyone to check and see if they have gathered everything

Too many people leave or forget stuff on planes
Then it's suddenly the airlines fault for not reuniting the missing items with the owners

ctporter Sep 2, 2014 7:24 am

They DO make that announcement on AS, I have heard the same spiel many times. "check around the seat in front of you including in the seat pockets..."

Sagemo Sep 19, 2014 5:27 pm

I left my kindle fire in the seat Tuesday night and filled out the form Wednesday morning when I realized my mistake. I went on line and filled out the form and was pleasantly surprised to get an email later that morning and just got my kindle via FedEx a little while ago. Yay! Filled out the form Wednesday, received my kindle Friday.

Thank you Shellani in Seattle Baggage Service Office. I really appreciate your quick response.:-::-::-:

ANC Sep 20, 2014 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Tony10s (Post 23459734)
I think announcements need to be made when the planes land Reminding everyone to check and see if they have gathered everything

Then it's suddenly the airlines fault for not reuniting the missing items with the owners

its the new millenium. Nothing is the result of self responsibility. Everything is some one elses fault :td:

Like CtPorter said AS does make announcements but they shouldnt even have to :rolleyes: The only exception being children traveling alone and who have the paid for additional services to be watched over, then its the FAs responsibility to make sure the kid has all their stuff

Forget a few items and never see them again is probably the best lesson one can learn to remember to double check next time.

AS Flyer Sep 20, 2014 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Tony10s (Post 23459734)

Yeah, because the seat belt sign announcements are so effective, and the announcements about which food items are being served is so effective. In between fumbling for cell phones and pulling out all ones carry on bags and unbuckling their seat belts as they taxi in, maybe passengers will hear an announcement that reminds them to check around their seating area for anything they brought on board? Oh wait, that announcement is made and yet things are still left behind...

Eastbay1K Sep 20, 2014 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by AS Flyer (Post 23556238)
Yeah, because the seat belt sign announcements are so effective, and the announcements about which food items are being served is so effective. In between fumbling for cell phones and pulling out all ones carry on bags and unbuckling their seat belts as they taxi in, maybe passengers will hear an announcement that reminds them to check around their seating area for anything they brought on board? Oh wait, that announcement is made and yet things are still left behind...

You did forget the effective "our credit card will make the body parts you want to shrink, shrink, and the ones you want to grow, grow," announcements. ;)

98103 Sep 20, 2014 2:02 pm

I left a pouch with the power cord and battery pack to my portable DVD player after a flight and didn't realize it until the next morning. I immediately did the claim form, had the flight number, plane N-number, seat number, the works. But nothing. Perhaps someone found it and declared, "Just what I've needed, power cords and a battery to a Toshiba portable DVD player in a Philippine Airlines amenity kit container!"

My damn fault for not double checking, but at least I was able to find replacement parts. I think one factor in recovery is luck. Did the person who discover it turn it in to as AS employee? Did the AS employee turn it in to the right place? I have no expectations of recovery, but am curious where it ended up. :/

Tony10s Sep 20, 2014 5:43 pm

"Left On Board" form useless

Personal Responsibility

Luck

Expectations

Announcements

What next?

Oh wait the FA stole my left Behind sweater/jacket/iPhone/iPad/kindle/book

tornado163 Oct 1, 2014 2:53 pm

I take back part of my complaint. 3 months after losing my phone on board when we landed at SEA, I got a phone call today that my cell phone had been found at the gate where we landed. I totally wasn't expecting that.

The phone fell out of my pocket at the seat, so I'm guessing a passenger / cleaner found the phone on board and turned it in at the gate. Not sure why it took so long to find out, especially when the customer service agent called over to the gate shortly after. But the phone was found which is good.