Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Board Room members now have access to the SFO CX business lounge effective 8/22/14

AS Board Room members now have access to the SFO CX business lounge effective 8/22/14

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 31, 69, 9:00 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by:
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 1, 19, 8:19 pm

Programs: AS, AA, B6, Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by PDXPremier View Post
I'm flying AS PDX-SFO connecting to AA SFO-MIA....as an Alaska Lounge member, do you think they would allow entry with a AA ticket? Anyone tried recently?

With AA no. Firstly, you need to be departing on AS to even get access, not even arriving AS passengers get access here. https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...tion-and-hours

Second, the CX lounge is super stringent on access because they are contracted out to other airlines and, until recently with the BA lounge opening, they were restricting partner passengers (against OW rules in theory) from accessing it as well due to crowding. I can ask the lounge manager as we have a pretty good relationship, but from everything I've witnessed and discussed with her, it will most likely be a hard no.
Old Dec 1, 19, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier View Post
I'm flying AS PDX-SFO connecting to AA SFO-MIA....as an Alaska Lounge member, do you think they would allow entry with a AA ticket? Anyone tried recently?
No. As SafariAri has referenced and provided a link to the rules for that "other partner location"

That page says: "1. Alaska Lounge members must have a ticket for same-day travel departing that city on Alaska Airlines."

I don't like to see anyone pestering lounge personnel begging for an exception to the rules when they already know the rules. It is unbecoming to put someone in the position of having to say no and it backs up the line for anyone getting in.
Old Dec 1, 19, 8:50 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, New Sagaya
Iím ready for the AS Lounge to open... we have award tickets via AS on QF to MEL with a stop in SFO and despite AL membership and MVPG I donít think there is a lounge option for us.
Old Dec 1, 19, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by williwaw View Post
I’m ready for the AS Lounge to open... we have award tickets via AS on QF to MEL with a stop in SFO and despite AL membership and MVPG I don’t think there is a lounge option for us.
Have you checked eligibility for the QF lounge at SFO? (edited to add that QF lists a partner lounge in San Francisco - Air France-KLM Business Lounge (partner) https://tinyurl.com/u8aa4ss and https://tinyurl.com/snzlmnf

And per AS:
"Alaska Lounge members have access to the select Qantas Club locations "This indicates a link to an external site that may not meet accessibility guidelines." listed below when departing that day on a purchased or redeemed-mileage ticket on Qantas. When traveling on Qantas, members also get complimentary access for their immediate family (spouse or domestic partner and children under the age of 21) or two guests. Guests must also depart that day on the same Qantas flight. Alaska Lounge members and their guests do not have access to Qantas First Lounges"

Last edited by PaperGlider; Dec 1, 19 at 9:50 pm
Old Dec 1, 19, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by PaperGlider View Post
Have you checked eligibility for the QF lounge at SFO? https://tinyurl.com/u8aa4ss and https://tinyurl.com/snzlmnf
There is no QF lounge at SFO. Unless you're referencing strictly the access based on cabin eligibility, then you could use any OW based on their rules.

It is not like their LAX run lounge.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...rtner-benefits
PaperGlider likes this.
Old Dec 3, 19, 8:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG75K; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by PaperGlider View Post
I don't like to see anyone pestering lounge personnel begging for an exception to the rules when they already know the rules. It is unbecoming to put someone in the position of having to say no and it backs up the line for anyone getting in.
+1
And presumably CX would not get reimbursed for the entry, since it's not within the rules. So really it would be asking CX for a freebie when you're not even flying them.
Old Dec 4, 19, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Iím ready for the AS Lounge to open... we have award tickets via AS on QF to MEL with a stop in SFO and despite AL membership and MVPG I donít think there is a lounge option for us.
Even when Alaska opens an SFO lounge, you'll still need to go through another around of security to get to the Qantas gate (and they don't participate in precheck).

Any chance you're in business? I was in the Cathay lounge a few days ago for SFO-MEL on Qantas in business class with an Alaska mileage ticket. Second time this year I've been sent there. Much nicer than the Air France KLM lounge which accepts Priority Pass during restricted hours if you have that.or can get in as a Board Room member. Have Cathay lounge photos linked below in the lounge gallery.

Tom in sunny Auckland

Last edited by tom911; Dec 4, 19 at 2:46 am
Old Dec 4, 19, 9:43 am

Programs: AS MVPG, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by tom911 View Post
Even when Alaska opens an SFO lounge, you'll still need to go through another around of security to get to the Qantas gate (and they don't participate in precheck).

Any chance you're in business? I was in the Cathay lounge a few days ago for SFO-MEL on Qantas in business class with an Alaska mileage ticket. Second time this year I've been sent there. Much nicer than the Air France KLM lounge which accepts Priority Pass during restricted hours if you have that.or can get in as a Board Room member. Have Cathay lounge photos linked below in the lounge gallery.

Tom in sunny Auckland
Iím in PE presently. The sky could open up and space could appear to move up... but I wonít hold my breath. PP access to AF is the back up. At least on my return I have a chance to visit.
Old Dec 4, 19, 12:48 pm

I’m in PE presently. The sky could open up and space could appear to move up... but I won’t hold my breath. PP access to AF is the back up. At least on my return I have a chance to visit.
Could try posting in the meetup thread for JL or QF (if they have one) and get lucky. When I went last night the person behind the desk only wanted my AS ticket to scan, refused to take my card, so seems their system is setup to validate that your AS ticket is linked to a AL card. Something that wouldn't work on an AA ticket.

JAL Lounge Meet Up Master Thread
Old Dec 4, 19, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
PP access to AF is the back up. At least on my return I have a chance to visit.
Just be careful there as the entry hours with PP are restricted. You can only get in during these hours:

08:00 - 11:30 & 15:30 - 18:30 & 20:30 - 23:45 daily. Cardholders will not be admitted into the lounge outside these hours.
williwaw likes this.
Old Dec 4, 19, 5:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP, BW Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by safari ari View Post
With AA no. Firstly, you need to be departing on AS to even get access, not even arriving AS passengers get access here. https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...tion-and-hours

Second, the CX lounge is super stringent on access because they are contracted out to other airlines and, until recently with the BA lounge opening, they were restricting partner passengers (against OW rules in theory) from accessing it as well due to crowding. I can ask the lounge manager as we have a pretty good relationship, but from everything I've witnessed and discussed with her, it will most likely be a hard no.
I appreciate the feedback...and if I don't get access, I would totally understand. My ticket is on AS stock (PDX-SFO-MIA) and most likely I'll have the typical AS branded boarding pass with the SFO-MIA operated by AA so perhaps showing an AS boarding pass for the AA segment will help

Search this Thread