Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Board Room members now have access to the SFO CX business lounge effective 8/22/14

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2014, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by:
AS SFO Boardroom closed in June 2014.

AS BR members can now access the SFO CX Lounge.

Hours of operation: 6am-1am

Requirements for access:
- Current Boardroom Membership; and
- Same day flight on an Alaska marketed & operated flight.

Entry is not open to:
- Paid F tickets
- Boardroom members with a flight on another airline (e.g., CX)
- Priority Pass holders
- BR Day Pass holders
Print Wikipost

AS Board Room members now have access to the SFO CX business lounge effective 8/22/14

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2015, 3:04 pm

Programs: AS: MVPG, Hyatt: P, SPG: G, Marriott: G, IHG: P
Originally Posted by crimsona
Here's a weird situation. My mother is CX Gold, and will be flying AS SFO-SEA (possibly paid first to avoid baggage fees and a little extra comfort).

Could/should she be let in somehow?

If not, then would people suggest her to fly SFO-SEA or SJC-SEA if she's going to be at Stanford University the night before?
It depends on which airport has a better time flight. But if that's same/similar, in general SJC would be less hassle and with better weather (so less likely to get delayed).

But if she only have CX gold, I suspect she cannot get into the elite security line at SJC (but she could ask nicely at check-in counter and maybe that will do it). Depending on the time of the day the normal security line could be very looooong at SJC.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 5:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Darn. Flying in paid F tomorrow, but I have no BR membership. Looks I'm not missing out on much since it will be during the offtime between CX flights.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by dhuey
Darn. Flying in paid F tomorrow, but I have no BR membership. Looks I'm not missing out on much since it will be during the offtime between CX flights.
Do you have PP with your AX card? If so, the AF lounge is available.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 10:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Do you have PP with your AX card? If so, the AF lounge is available.
Yes, thanks. I hadn't thought of that.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 8:46 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Will the CX lounge accept proof of membership other than the physical card? I'm thinking of buying a membership today but am flying tomorrow.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by SFOPhD
Will the CX lounge accept proof of membership other than the physical card? I'm thinking of buying a membership today but am flying tomorrow.
I was in there yesterday morning. Even though my BP said Board Room, they still were asking for the plastic card.

YMMV here... But I'd for sure print off proof of membership somehow.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 9:46 am

Programs: DL Gold; AS MVP Gold
They asked for my physical card and a boarding pass the other day. I think you'd be fine to show them the receipt/confirmation email ... since there's no way you'd have the physical card at that point. Did that at another non-AS lounge before my physical card arrived and they took it ^
Old Feb 12, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: AA, AS, TZ, UA, Clipper, EZ-Link, Hop, Navigo, Octopus, Oyster
The reason they ask for the physical card is that they need to enter your full Mileage Plan number into their computer. (It's partially masked on the BP.) So as long as you know your number, I've been able to enter the lounge without showing my BR card.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 7:59 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, HHonors Gold
Anyone else run into this?

Hi there,

Today, I went to the SFO CX lounge prior to AS 331, and naturally, went straight to the noodle bar. The nice woman there told me I needed a ticket. Having been there perhaps a half dozen times on this new arrangement, enjoying ticketless noodles, I was slightly disoriented, but went back to the front desk to ask for a ticket. I was informed there that BR members do not get noodle tickets, and only have access to the snacks left out on the counter.

A bit more frustrated, I went to check out the snacks which I remembered as being pretty decent from previous visits, only to find that the sneeze-guarded section was completely empty, and that the only snacks available were some industrial grade apples, bananas, and oranges, along with some bags of pretzels. The booze, I'm happy to say, was of the same quality I've seen before.

It seems like CX has decided to change the deal, giving BR members lesser access to the lounge. This could have happened with or without AS's knowledge, or perhaps they decided to start enforcing part of their deal which they hadn't enforced at the beginning.

Does anyone have any knowledge or insight? I've been favoring SFO over other Bay Area airports because of the CX arrangement. I should probably stop if this is he new normal.

If this is the deal, it seems like AS should advertise something along the lines of "BR Members have access to the SFO CX lounge with limited amenities." Or some such

Last edited by OrcasIslander; Mar 12, 2016 at 8:09 pm Reason: Trying to fix broken image links
Old Mar 12, 2016, 8:45 pm

Programs: AS 75k, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, ect.
You have needed a ticket for noodles for at least the last 6 months. They are usually just simple red drawing tickets. Multiple times the ladies at the front desk have handed me one when I check in with a small smile. I suspect the snacks and noodle access depend on actual CX flight times.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 9:41 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, HHonors Gold
Huh. This is my 4th time through this year, and I haven't run into the ticket thing. I guess it's a bit inconsistent.

I should be clear, though my post had a touch of entitlement, I was nice to the staff. I am a firm believer in being pleasant to airport/airline staff.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 12:02 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
I was through there a week ago and had the gal practically begging me to order noodles.

It was 6am and I was the only person in there (a very bizarre experience). I passed on noodles for breakfast, though.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
I was through there last week while flying out on AS 307, the 300p departure up to SEA. The offerings mirrored those illustrated by OrcasIslander, i.e. little more than fruit, chips and some decent booze. I really liked The Climber, a red wine blend with a promotional placard posted alongside. Otherwise, I still miss the comfy old lounge at A22.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 8:04 am

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
My Brother and I recently spent about an hour in the lounge waiting for an AS flight on a Sunday evening. The decor was nice. Liquor and wine choices were above par. Had salad, soup, cheesecake and other non plated snacks. Overall I would give the place a thumbs up. I did distinctly notice a difference between how they welcomed us as Alaska BR guests vs CX guests who despite the noodle bar not being open yet were offered made to order cold sandwiches and the like.

I'll return - hopefully during the time where everything is in full on go mode.
Attached Images  
Old Dec 1, 2019, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I'm flying AS PDX-SFO connecting to AA SFO-MIA....as an Alaska Lounge member, do you think they would allow entry with a AA ticket? Anyone tried recently?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.