Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Board Room members now have access to the SFO CX business lounge effective 8/22/14

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2014, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by:
AS SFO Boardroom closed in June 2014.

AS BR members can now access the SFO CX Lounge.

Hours of operation: 6am-1am

Requirements for access:
- Current Boardroom Membership; and
- Same day flight on an Alaska marketed & operated flight.

Entry is not open to:
- Paid F tickets
- Boardroom members with a flight on another airline (e.g., CX)
- Priority Pass holders
- BR Day Pass holders
Print Wikipost

AS Board Room members now have access to the SFO CX business lounge effective 8/22/14

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2014, 5:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

No noodle bar, no hard liquor?
Old Nov 4, 2014, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

The noodle bar was never open for "other airlines" service times (i.e., this was also the LAN contract lounge for awhile) - but the other hot items and soup from a tureen were available, as well as the liquor and wine.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA, AS, TZ, UA, Clipper, EZ-Link, Hop, Navigo, Octopus, Oyster
I've now used the CX lounge 5 times. Once during active hours and the other four during off hours.
In the early morning prior to the CX departure the (quite tasty) pasta salad, chips, fruit, and cookies are the only food on offer. In the afternoon and early evening prior to the late CX departure in addition to the aforementioned food there are usually some pre-wrapped sandwiches and other assorted snacks left over from the main service earlier. During the off hours there is no noodle bar.
Beverages though, are ample during off hours morning and afternoon/evening. Sodas, waters, good selection of teas, several types or beer, usually five or six different kinds of perfectly decent wines, and eight or nine types of hard liquor. Any of the wine choices are far superior to what's on offer in the BR.
It is also blissfully quiet during off hours. It's a large facility so even if there are a dozen people or more the room feels tranquil. Compare that to the old SFO BR!
I've also found the CX agents working the front desk to be welcoming and helpful.
Overall it gets a big ^ from me. But if you require hot food it won't be to your liking except for the 2.5 hours prior to CX flight times.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 12:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

Plus they have showers ^
Old Nov 5, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by beckoa

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The noodle bar was never open for "other airlines" service times (i.e., this was also the LAN contract lounge for awhile) - but the other hot items and soup from a tureen were available, as well as the liquor and wine.
No noodle bar, no soup, no hot food items at all. Other than chips, cold cereal & a few leftover muffins, the only food was cold pasta salad.

There was hard liquor, but I didn't think to mention it -- sorry. At 3 PM I'm only looking for food ... along with a glass of wine.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
No noodle bar, no soup, no hot food items at all. Other than chips, cold cereal & a few leftover muffins, the only food was cold pasta salad.

There was hard liquor, but I didn't think to mention it -- sorry. At 3 PM I'm only looking for food ... along with a glass of wine.
There is good food in the terminal itself. I'm glad that I have a quiet option to get some work done without having to trek over to the C pier to use the Delta club. (Plus I much prefer a post-security club to eliminate that unknown from the equation.)

Compromises had to be made. Alaska was not a big enough player at SFO to have much say in their move during the reconstruction. I think this worked out about as well as it could have, all thing considered.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 9:49 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Cathay Pacific to upgrade San Francisco Airport lounge.

"More showers and a wider variety of food and drink options are also on the to-do list, with the works slated for completion by the end of 2015."
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:04 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by dayone
Cathay Pacific to upgrade San Francisco Airport lounge.

"More showers and a wider variety of food and drink options are also on the to-do list, with the works slated for completion by the end of 2015."

Perhaps if they add more shower rooms then CX will be willing to let AS Board Room members use them. As it currently stands, the Lounge Dragons deny use of the shower rooms unless you're flying on CX - even if the lounge is otherwise devoid of passengers.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 8:16 pm

Saw this asked up thread but not answered... can BR members traveling on same-day AS flights bring guests into the CX lounge at SFO?
Old Sep 20, 2015, 12:47 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by BeverageCart
Saw this asked up thread but not answered... can BR members traveling on same-day AS flights bring guests into the CX lounge at SFO?
Brought my daughter in as a guest last month before SFO-PDX evening flight. No problem.

The new section looked to be very close to opening, btw.

As we had just come from downtown SF, did not request permission to shower.

--mcz
Old Sep 20, 2015, 1:24 am

Thanks!
Old Oct 1, 2015, 1:10 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Cathay Pacific opens a major addition to its SFO business and first class lounge on Oct. 14.

Blogger gets sneak peak.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 1:55 pm

Nice. I wonder if all the usage from other airlines means that they'll have the noodle bar open for more of the day (fingers crossed)?
Old Oct 20, 2015, 12:40 pm

Here's a weird situation. My mother is CX Gold, and will be flying AS SFO-SEA (possibly paid first to avoid baggage fees and a little extra comfort).

Could/should she be let in somehow?

If not, then would people suggest her to fly SFO-SEA or SJC-SEA if she's going to be at Stanford University the night before?
Old Oct 20, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by crimsona
Here's a weird situation. My mother is CX Gold, and will be flying AS SFO-SEA (possibly paid first to avoid baggage fees and a little extra comfort).

Could/should she be let in somehow?

If not, then would people suggest her to fly SFO-SEA or SJC-SEA if she's going to be at Stanford University the night before?
My experience with the CX lounge dragons at SFO is that they are very unwilling to bend any rules. I had just flown in on BA F, transiting to AS F, all paid, and was still denied access. Not sure what the rules are re: CX Gold access, but if it's not explicitly allowed I wouldn't hold your breath.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.