Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Board Room members now have access to the SFO CX business lounge effective 8/22/14

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2014, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by:
AS SFO Boardroom closed in June 2014.

AS BR members can now access the SFO CX Lounge.

Hours of operation: 6am-1am

Requirements for access:
- Current Boardroom Membership; and
- Same day flight on an Alaska marketed & operated flight.

Entry is not open to:
- Paid F tickets
- Boardroom members with a flight on another airline (e.g., CX)
- Priority Pass holders
- BR Day Pass holders
Print Wikipost

AS Board Room members now have access to the SFO CX business lounge effective 8/22/14

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2014, 3:36 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
I know I'm probably in the minority - but I've never been a big fan of the pancake printer machines. Those brownish little disks have a chemical-preservative taste that just doesn't cut it for me.
The mix comes in a giant bag. Of course there's bound to be some preservatives in there.

That being said, I've never noticed the taste. If only they'd get some real maple syrup...
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:19 am

Thumbs up

Visiting the CX lounge this morning in SFO, WOW this place is nice! Great job Alaska! Got in this morning with spouse, no problems at all. Thank you Alaska.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

AS' site says just for BR members.

They really want you to buy a membership
Well I for one think this is stupid. I don't have a BR membership because I only buy F tickets on AS and that includes lounge access, which is one of the reasons I buy F vs try for upgrades. Wonder what has better margins, a one time purchase of a few hundred bucks for a BR membership or ~20 r/t in paid F.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by ryan182
Well I for one think this is stupid. I don't have a BR membership because I only buy F tickets on AS and that includes lounge access, which is one of the reasons I buy F vs try for upgrades. Wonder what has better margins, a one time purchase of a few hundred bucks for a BR membership or ~20 r/t in paid F.
Buy one of the 20 r/t in coach each year and use the savings for a membership.

You aren't worse off, there is no BR at SFO for you to use as an F passenger.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by berliner5000
So I guess Priority Pass is out too.
If you have AMEX Plat, the new Centurion lounge is set to open in December of this year and that should be worth waiting for
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K Aeroplan 25K HHonors Gold Marriott lifetime Plat IHG Plat Hertz Pres Club
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
If you have AMEX Plat, the new Centurion lounge is set to open in December of this year and that should be worth waiting for
Except that the Centurion Lounge will be in T3 (United), a significant hike from the new AS gates in Int'l Terminal A.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
IIRC, Centurion lounge will be post-security in T3. I think it's only connected air-side to the international terminal G-side. Isn't Alaska on the A side?

ETA: Apparently, it's pre-security. Slightly better for traveling on Alaska, but that's still an easy 15+ minutes to get to the gates, even with pre-check.

Last edited by djibouti; Sep 1, 2014 at 10:58 pm
Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dgreen12
Buy one of the 20 r/t in coach each year and use the savings for a membership.

You aren't worse off, there is no BR at SFO for you to use as an F passenger.
No.

And there WAS a BR to use in SFO until they closed it, which is why they made the agreement with CX.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by ryan182
No.

And there WAS a BR to use in SFO until they closed it, which is why they made the agreement with CX.
Yup, til they closed it. That's when you were toast.

The fact that they have made arrangements for Board Room members to use the CX lounge doesn't make you more toast. You were already toast.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by djibouti
ETA: Apparently, it's pre-security. Slightly better for traveling on Alaska, but that's still an easy 15+ minutes to get to the gates, even with pre-check.
Where did you hear that it's pre-security? That makes just about no sense, esp. given how unpredictable security waits are at SFO and how inconvenient it is to get to other terminals.

The Centurion Lounges at DFW and LAS are post security. LGA pre-security makes some sense since there are four piers in the central terminal each with their own security. But given the SFO set-up, it is insane if the Centurion Lounge is pre-security.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by seacarl
Where did you hear that it's pre-security? That makes just about no sense, esp. given how unpredictable security waits are at SFO and how inconvenient it is to get to other terminals.
Extensively quoted here (via rumors, it is FT after all) that the SFO Centurion Lounge will be airside (e.g., after security).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...fo-future.html
Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
That thread is clear as mud

Originally Posted by dgreen12
Extensively quoted here (via rumors, it is FT after all) that the SFO Centurion Lounge will be airside (e.g., after security).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...fo-future.html
Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by seacarl
After my original post I did some quick Googling and that's what I found. I have no idea about veracity.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 8:12 am

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
The CX lounge is a very nice option for those of us who are Boardroom members. Yesterday was my first time stopping in. Much bigger than the old BR at SFO. I do feel bad for those buying F tickets who have no option, but at least AS didn't abandon those of us who are members.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 4:43 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
There are a couple of hot dishes, soup, some salad, muffins, decent wines, etc. No pancakes!
Originally Posted by makfan
The CX lounge is a very nice option for those of us who are Boardroom members. Yesterday was my first time stopping in. Much bigger than the old BR at SFO. I do feel bad for those buying F tickets who have no option, but at least AS didn't abandon those of us who are members.
I passed through the CX SFO lounge yesterday late afternoon ... it was a Dead Zone.

The only - and I do mean only - food available was a bowl of pasta salad, a few pieces of fruit, packaged breakfast cereals and some muffins left over from morning, and a few bags of Sun Chips and potato chips.

There are soft drinks and coolers with beer, a few bottles of wine setting out, but that's it. Zip. Nada. Zilch.

It bore no resemblance to the reviews I've seen of the lounge. My impression is that things are strikingly scaled back during non-CX flight times. I sure hope AS isn't paying very much to CX - because CX certainly isn't supplying much.

And to think I'd been looking forward to visiting this lounge ...

Last edited by AKCuisine; Nov 4, 2014 at 4:57 pm Reason: Added a photo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.