No KLM flights through MileagePlan?

Old Aug 25, 2014, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

No KLM flights through MileagePlan?

Was just trying to book a KLM flight via MileagePlan miles....

I get all the way to the payment screen, but it fails to complete the transaction because it couldn't confirm availability.

I tried calling the Alaska customer service number. As usual they were very polite and helpful. Unfortunately they told me that AS cannot currently issue KLM award tickets at all.

Apparently this problem has been ongoing for over a week, with no resolution in sight. Although "both Alaska and KLM are working on it".

Anyone know what's going on or have any further insights?
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Huh so I'm not the only one. I booked flights minutes before the MP outage and tried to make a change after MP was back up. It didn't work, coming back with the error of KL not confirming space, after entering my cc info.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:08 pm
AAL

Originally Posted by statik
Apparently this problem has been ongoing for over a week, with no resolution in sight. Although "both Alaska and KLM are working on it".
Please post again when you are able to book your award ticket on KLM. I have a KLM booking on the horizon (I hope!).
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Looks like we now need a list for airlienes with phantom availability when using AS miles? We are now at EK and KL
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by CDKing
Looks like we now need a list for airlienes with phantom availability when using AS miles? We are now at EK and KL
KL seems to be a communication error and *no* bookings are going thru. EK at least has some...
Old Aug 28, 2014, 12:13 pm

What about existing KL bookings? The should be confirmed, right?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 12:51 pm

Checked our bookings with air miles for May and everything seems to be fine.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:04 pm

Interesting, I booked KLM award on Aug 19 no problem.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 10:59 pm

Exclamation

Originally Posted by alaskaair.com
The request was not successful. See the red message(s) below. Space on partner flights cannot be confirmed. Please change the dates, cities, or flights of your original request.

To continue, shop again for other fare and flight options.If this problem continues, please call 1-800-ALASKAAIR (1-800-252-7522) for other fare and flight options.

Old Aug 29, 2014, 11:38 pm

Was able to change the AS flight dates (eliminated a stopover in SFO) but still can't add a segment to my AMS-SFO flight Tried several destinations.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:31 am

I still can't see any availability 330 days out yet EF shows plenty on the AMS-YVR flight. I could see availability on a daily basis until about a week ago - nothing since. I hope they can fix this soon as I need to book in the next couple of weeks and have limited flexibility.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Delta Silver
Had similar problems while trying to book AMS-IAH and also trying AF CDG-BOS between Christmas and New Years. According to the rep in reservations, this is a problem they are having with several international carriers, and unfortunately the only option is to call in. I was able to book AF CDG-BOS, then changed my mind and booked instead KL AMS-IAH, through reservations. AS is aware of the problem, and it sounds like they don't yet have an ETA, but are definitely working on fixing it.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by rybob1
Had similar problems while trying to book AMS-IAH and also trying AF CDG-BOS between Christmas and New Years. According to the rep in reservations, this is a problem they are having with several international carriers, and unfortunately the only option is to call in. I was able to book AF CDG-BOS, then changed my mind and booked instead KL AMS-IAH, through reservations. AS is aware of the problem, and it sounds like they don't yet have an ETA, but are definitely working on fixing it.
Thanks for the info. Did they charge a fee when you called in?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:39 pm

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

So they were able to make a change over the phone?

If so there may be hope

Last edited by beckoa; Sep 1, 2014 at 9:44 pm
Old Sep 2, 2014, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Not just KL... I had the same problem with AF.

I called AS and was told that they could only see the same "phantom availability" as me. Will try again during US business hours and hopefully get somebody more clued in...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.