Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Miles accumulation on one parter's codeshare by another partner, any ideas?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2014, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Globalist

I am tempting to book a ticket marketed by AM operated by DL. I am thinking of if I should accumulated AS miles on that. What is the rule to add for these codeshare flights?
Old Aug 21, 2014, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by zig2
I am tempting to book a ticket marketed by AM operated by DL. I am thinking of if I should accumulated AS miles on that. What is the rule to add for these codeshare flights?
http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mil...eromexico.aspx

Aeromexico
Eligible Flight Numbers

1 - 1799
2000 - 3799
To ensure flight credit, the two letter airline code (AM) must precede the flight number (for example, AM XXXX) on your ticket receipt or boarding pass, and the ticket must be issued on AeroMexico ticket stock.
http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mil...ers/delta.aspx

To qualify for mileage accrual, please note that your flights must fall within the eligible flight number range below and your flight must be marketed and operated by Delta.
Delta Air Lines
Eligible Flight Numbers

0001 - 0999
1050 - 4363
4439 - 6466
7300 - 7348
7362 - 7447
8770 - 8969

To ensure flight credit, the two letter airline code (DL) must precede the flight number (for example, DL XXXX) on your ticket receipt or boarding pass.
Rule of thumb: AS will generally not guarantee mileage credit unless ticket stock matches operating carrier (in other words, no codeshares), UNLESS it is Alaska flying the plane.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:46 pm

If flying on BA J class, is it better to deposit miles in AA or AS? I have no status in either and will not in 2015. I think it's only a 25% bonus for both.

Having cattle status is painful because there was once a time that I had status is multiple airlines. Mooooo...
Old Aug 27, 2014, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by CL87
If flying on BA J class, is it better to deposit miles in AA or AS? I have no status in either and will not in 2015. I think it's only a 25% bonus for both.
Better for what?

Arguably, it could be better to deposit in BA. BA gives 150% of flown miles in paid J, and Avios can be cashed in for an AS or AA flight one way for as little as 4500 Avios. A round trip to Europe in J + some AA/AS flights could get you status...

It all depends on where you can accrue miles- it would be stupid to let 10,000 or so miles/Avios from a paid J flight expire. AA and BA have lots of ways to accrue additional miles via credit cards (AMEX, Citibank, Chase, SPG and so on) with very lucrative offers, AS has less in the way of credit cards (just BofA and SPG), more in the way of partners. You haven't really told us anything about any travel patterns, accounts where you might have miles stashed, so any answer is incomplete without understanding that.

And being "cattle" in business class isn't so bad, compared to seat 47E squashed in the back of a widebody...

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Aug 27, 2014 at 5:18 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.