Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

San Francisco Terminal Change Effective August 20, 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Francisco Terminal Change Effective August 20, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2015, 3:39 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by kjnangre
I haven't used it personally, but I believe this last landside connection (T1 to T2) finally opened last year. There is no more outside walking required.
I still had to walk outside earlier this year. Not sure if it's opened in the last ~4 months though.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
I haven't used it personally, but I believe this last landside connection (T1 to T2) finally opened last year. There is no more outside walking required.
The airside path only connects the C part of T1 (the 40 gates for Delta and AA flights to PHX, CLT, PHL) to terminal 2 (American and Virgin America). You still have to exit security if you arrive at the B part of T1 (20/30 gates) or any of the International A gates (1-12). Alaska is temporarily using the A gates, though it's going to be a several-year temporary situation.

I like the Cathay lounge, but I don't like the fact that there is no Alaska feel in the gates. They mostly use A10/A12, but I have departed from A1, A3, A2 and A6 besides A10 and A12. I also never seem to recognize any of the agents these days. They often have trouble scanning mobile boarding passes at the gate because they don't really have any gates with their native computer equipment.

There's a SkyClub in the 40s gates post security now (used to be pre security), but I see it is officially announced that SkyClub access goes away on January 1.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by makfan
The airside path only connects the C part of T1 (the 40 gates for Delta and AA flights to PHX, CLT, PHL) to terminal 2 (American and Virgin America). You still have to exit security if you arrive at the B part of T1 (20/30 gates) or any of the International A gates (1-12). Alaska is temporarily using the A gates, though it's going to be a several-year temporary situation.

I like the Cathay lounge, but I don't like the fact that there is no Alaska feel in the gates. They mostly use A10/A12, but I have departed from A1, A3, A2 and A6 besides A10 and A12. I also never seem to recognize any of the agents these days. They often have trouble scanning mobile boarding passes at the gate because they don't really have any gates with their native computer equipment.

There's a SkyClub in the 40s gates post security now (used to be pre security), but I see it is officially announced that SkyClub access goes away on January 1.
We were talking about landside connections, not airside
Old Oct 21, 2015, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
We were talking about landside connections, not airside
Oh, sorry, I missed that. I do not know if they have restored the landside interior tunnel between T1/T2 that was closed for the air traffic control tower project.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 4:47 pm

Thank you for this thread and replies. I'll be taking my first flight on Alaska this month (just going from SFO to SEA) but had no idea where to go since construction got underway. Thanks!
Old Dec 7, 2015, 4:56 pm

I can confirm first hand that all land-side connections are complete; you can walk the entire loop (clockwise or counter-clockwise) between all terminals without going outdoors.

Also all the remaining air-side connections are included in SFO's 5-year capital projects list (except for International A to International G which would likely not be very useful)
Old Dec 8, 2015, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I can confirm first hand that all land-side connections are complete; you can walk the entire loop (clockwise or counter-clockwise) between all terminals without going outdoors.

Also all the remaining air-side connections are included in SFO's 5-year capital projects list (except for International A to International G which would likely not be very useful)
True but not really useful as you can't walk between terminals without re-clearing security, except for a small portion of T1 <-> T2, and T3 <-> International G.

This means no lounge hopping and longer connect times for multi-airline itineraries
Old Dec 8, 2015, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
True but not really useful as you can't walk between terminals without re-clearing security, except for a small portion of T1 <-> T2, and T3 <-> International G.

This means no lounge hopping and longer connect times for multi-airline itineraries
It is somewhat useful to be able to walk between the terminals without going outdoors.

And if you read the 2nd sentence in my post, you'll see the thing you're looking for (airside connections) are included in the 5-year plan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.