Award calendar switch 'n bait

Old Aug 11, 14, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Award calendar switch 'n bait

Was looking at BOS-X-EZE for April next year. Initially it shows plenty of C/F on AA. However, clicking on any date reveals "mixed-cabin" awards with domestic F and international Y.
Really getting tired of that scam.

Last edited by Dieuwer; Aug 12, 14 at 7:06 am
Old Aug 11, 14, 8:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Not sure it's a scam. With AA there are certain gateways one can use such as MIA or DFW. This might help with your search- but can still bring up connections. Build from there your BOS-hub leg. I wish you could restrict to nonstop flights or certain carriers myself but isn't possible yet.
Old Aug 11, 14, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This happens on a lot of different airline searches. Find the main hubs, check from there, doing a non-stop search. When you find the cabin you want, then do the connector search.
Old Aug 11, 14, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by dieuwer2 View Post
Was looking at BOS-X-EZE for April next year. Initially shows plenty of C/F on AA. However, clicking on any date reveals "mixed-cabin" awards with domestic F and international Y.
Are you searching by the right number of travelers? One common issue is that customers have a tendency to initially search availability based on a party of one, then once they've established what the fare is they start the booking process for the actual number in their party and are sometimes frustrated to learn there were perhaps only one or two seats left in that inventory and not enough for their whole party.
Old Aug 11, 14, 10:21 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Was looking at BOS-X-EZE for April next year. Initially shows plenty of C/F on AA. However, clicking on any date reveals "mixed-cabin" awards with domestic F and international Y.
Is it guaranteed to be available on AS if it is available on AA?

Not sure why this is a scam? Some mixed cabin itineraries are advantageous with the international being C/F in my experience.
Old Aug 12, 14, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by apodo77 View Post
Is it guaranteed to be available on AS if it is available on AA?

Not sure why this is a scam? Some mixed cabin itineraries are advantageous with the international being C/F in my experience.
Did you read what I wrote?
Old Aug 12, 14, 6:57 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Did you read what I wrote?
Easy there, pal. Just because it's available on AA does not mean it's available on AS.

Are the "plenty of C/F" in sAAver buckets? If not, to the best of my knowledge they're not going to show up on AS, making your point moot.
Old Aug 12, 14, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MonThruThurs View Post
Easy there, pal. Just because it's available on AA does not mean it's available on AS.

Are the "plenty of C/F" in sAAver buckets? If not, to the best of my knowledge they're not going to show up on AS, making your point moot.

Was looking at BOS-X-EZE for April next year using the Alaska Air website calendar. Initially the monthly calendar shows plenty of C/F (on AA). However, clicking on any date reveals "mixed-cabin" awards with domestic F and international Y.
Old Aug 12, 14, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

*duplicate*
Old Aug 12, 14, 7:06 am

Was looking at BOS-X-EZE for April next year using the Alaska Air website calendar. Initially the monthly calendar shows plenty of C/F (on AA). However, clicking on any date reveals "mixed-cabin" awards with domestic F and international Y.
Ahhhhh. Still fail to see where the bait and switch is. There is a very clear "mixed cabin itinerary" button and you never made the transaction.
Old Aug 12, 14, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Ahhhhh. Still fail to see where the bait and switch is. There is a very clear "mixed cabin itinerary" button and you never made the transaction.
Yes there is a button, but only after you select the $50K itinerary.
It's similar like this:

You go to the dealer and see a car wrapped in BMW-5 paper for $$$. You like it and want to buy it. But the moment you are ready to buy, the dealer unwraps the car and now it turns out to be a Toyota.
Are you happy? NO!!
In fact, you would probably be enraged and immediately call the consumer protection agency.
Old Aug 12, 14, 7:15 am

Yes there is a button, but only after you select the $50K itinerary.
That's 100% inaccurate. The seat under the price is the mixed itinerary indicator, which you can click on beofre moving to the next page; before entering your info, seats, selecting insurance, and then paying.

Old Aug 12, 14, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

That's 100% inaccurate. The seat under the price is the mixed itinerary indicator, which you can click on beofre moving to the next page; before entering your info, seats, selecting insurance, and then paying.

I see. Those two wiggly lines...
Old Aug 12, 14, 7:19 am

I see. Those two wiggly lines...
It's a person in a seat! Haha is this a joke, couldn't be much clearer in my opinion.

Maybe moving off of your Macintosh Classic will allow your comp to render html.
Old Aug 12, 14, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Maybe moving off of your Macintosh Classic will allow your comp to render html.

We still have equipment operated by Win 3.1 at the place where I work...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: