First weird FC moment

Old Aug 13, 2014, 2:08 am

Programs: All Around Nobody
Originally Posted by ANC
The other issue is overhead stowage, if you wait until toward boarding last, not only are all the F pax already stowing luggage...the people in 6F, 8D, 21E, 15B and 27A have thrown their crap in the F bins and your stuff ends up in row 12.
This is my issue with boarding late, and I've seen it on a number of occasions. It works out great for the person in 27A, because at the end of the flight they can just get their stuff on their way out, but it sucks if you're in row 2 and you have to wait to get back to row 12 to get your bag. I'd rather deal with the shame of being a gate lice...
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:26 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by Aaron01
This is my issue with boarding late, and I've seen it on a number of occasions. It works out great for the person in 27A, because at the end of the flight they can just get their stuff on their way out, but it sucks if you're in row 2 and you have to wait to get back to row 12 to get your bag. I'd rather deal with the shame of being a gate lice...
+1, unabashedly.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:40 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan MVPG, HHonors Gold, Hyatt GP Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Waitlisted
I now also get on first, tired of pissing me off more than once when my my wife and I traveling then had to boot two people back to their split up seats so we could sit together in our own assigned seats. One time a couple refused, and expected us to split up, had to get the gate agent involved and it got nasty.
Sometimes the GA causes the problem. Arrived at the gate at T-30, to discover I'd been moved from 2F so that 2C & 2D could be on the same side of the aisle. I explained that I preferred to have the view and the shady side. She was not very happy to move me back, but eventually she went and moved the hubby back to 2C. Wifey in 2D made sure to give me a dirty look when I boarded.

I asked the GA why she didn't ask me first. She said, "I did. I paged you 15 minutes ago." Guess I better skip the Board Room next time.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:16 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, Starwood Rewards
Originally Posted by Waitlisted
I now also get on first, tired of pissing me off more than once when my my wife and I traveling then had to boot two people back to their split up seats so we could sit together in our own assigned seats. One time a couple refused, and expected us to split up, had to get the gate agent involved and it got nasty. Happens too often on vacation destination flights such as LAS and PSP.

Along with everyone else ---

But for the lack of overhead space when boarding last, I'd be all for it. It's really disappointing to have to gate check your bag.

Fortunately, it's been rare that I've had to gate check my bag. But it does happen, especially when I'm pushing it by trying to get thru the Starbucks line before an N gate departure. On the rare occasion that it does happen when I'm sitting in F, there's only been 1 or 2 times that I can recall where I did get a forced gate check. They usually find out where you are sitting and if you're in F, they usually find a place for you. Last time that happened to me, my bag ended up near row 16. But at least I didn't have to go wait at baggage claim!

SEAT STEALERS

Also had someone steal my seat a few times. I remember one pretty young woman who took my seat in 4A two months ago. She got up and left after a few minutes. She was supposed to be in row 22 somewhere. She might be pretty but I ain't sitting in the back of the plane with all the crying babies.

What I don't like is the people who take your seat who aren't together and then expect you to move to the seat where the other person was sitting. I generally like to sit on the left side of the plane so it really irritates me when someone does this and then wants me to forgive rather than ask for my permission. One of these days, I'm going to just say no.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:18 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, Starwood Rewards
Originally Posted by Mr_Tudball
Sometimes the GA causes the problem. Arrived at the gate at T-30, to discover I'd been moved from 2F so that 2C & 2D could be on the same side of the aisle. I explained that I preferred to have the view and the shady side. She was not very happy to move me back, but eventually she went and moved the hubby back to 2C. Wifey in 2D made sure to give me a dirty look when I boarded.

I asked the GA why she didn't ask me first. She said, "I did. I paged you 15 minutes ago." Guess I better skip the Board Room next time.
Love that passive aggressive behavior.

Wife and hubby could ask 2A to switch. Or someone else in F. There's always people willing to switch if asked.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:36 pm

When I'm traveling with others in F, my experience is also that there's always someone willing to switch. Just ask nicely. And if that doesn't work, sniff loudly and tell a story about the other person's brain tumor / cancer / incontinence / etc. B-)
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by WhIteSidE
When I'm traveling with others in F, my experience is also that there's always someone willing to switch. Just ask nicely. And if that doesn't work, sniff loudly and tell a story about the other person's brain tumor / cancer / incontinence / etc. B-)
Old Aug 14, 2014, 3:35 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
You'd be asking me to move into a seat that your incontinent friend is currently sitting in? Hmmm, not sure about that one.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 5:02 pm

It was a joke. That's why I put a smiley face there.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 7:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

That was a nonstandard smiley for FT hence our

Thanks for clearing that up.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 7:47 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
My reply was a joke too. I guess I should have used the or . I thought my would give it away but in hindsight, it now kind of looks like a yucky face. I think I need smilie lessons.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by billatq
I don't think this is uniformly true. In a rush once or twice, I've definitely accidentally tried to board the wrong flight and had the boarding pass scanner turn red and beep at me.
Consider yourself lucky those few times. I had a friend headed to LAS from DEN, and he boarded the wrong plane and ended up in DTW.

He scanned his boarding pass, boarded, found someone in his seat, and confronted the guy. They compared boarding passes and found they both had that seat but didn't notice they were for different flights, so they agreed that one would just use the empty seat next to them.

He didn't notice he was in DTW until after he got off.

Wish I could remember which airline it was...
Old Aug 15, 2014, 8:22 pm

Cool Will the real DTW please give me back my hupcaps?

Originally Posted by ASjunky
He didn't notice he was in DTW until his hubcaps were missing.
There, I fixed it for you.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 8:41 pm

Programs: AS
People switched in front of us the other day in F. Unfortunately it allowed two loud talking, obnoxious friends/acquaintances to sit together. Headphones and tablet on!
Old Aug 16, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
It pisses me off when people just decide they'll place people elsewhere. I watched a woman once on an SJD-SEA flight "re-accommodate" 6 others (YES! SIX!) so that she could sit next to her friend (behind me). Those two had the most shallow and banal conversation the entire flight home. Hate not having ear plugs. Haven't forgotten them since that flight.

As for the guy the OP posted about. Just a pretentious, cheap bass-turd.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.