FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Emirates Award - Lounge Question (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1595582-emirates-award-lounge-question.html)

Designtime Jul 18, 14 12:26 pm

Emirates Award - Lounge Question

I don't know if this should be in the AS forum or the EK forum, but I figured I would start here:

I have an AS award ticket for Dec that is
BKK-DXB, DXB-LAX, LAX-SEA (AS) all in F.

Can anyone tell me if I will have lounge access in LAX upon arrival? I can't find an answer on the EK web site.

CDKing Jul 18, 14 12:43 pm

No and you are not missing anything. Its a cramped and crowded Korean Air business class departures lounge. You will probably be happier at the Boardroom

See my LAX portion of my LAX-DXB trip report. About half way down the post for my take on the lounge

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22271631-post16.html POST 16

MonThruThurs Jul 18, 14 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Designtime (Post 23218753)
I don't know if this should be in the AS forum or the EK forum, but I figured I would start here:

Can anyone tell me if I will have lounge access in LAX upon arrival? I can't find an answer on the EK web site.

You'll have to go through customs in the TBIT and then transfer to T6 for your AS flight (at some point). I'm not sure they'll let you "transfer" so you can get to the SkyTeam lounge and then go through customs. The AS BR at LAX is probably the best in the system, just MHO, so its not a huge loss.

Others more knowledgeable on this subject may have another point of view.

MonThruThurs Jul 18, 14 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing (Post 23218830)
No and you are not missing anything. Its a cramped and crowded Korean Air business class departures lounge. You will probably be happier at the Boardroom

Last time I was on the F side there were only 3 people :D

Designtime Jul 18, 14 12:50 pm

Thanks for the quick replies! For some reason I didn't think about going through customs as well.
It is interesting though, the Emirates site shows that the partner lounge at LAX is the SkyTeam Lounge.

MonThruThurs Jul 18, 14 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Designtime (Post 23218876)
Thanks for the quick replies! For some reason I didn't think about going through customs as well.
It is interesting though, the Emirates site shows that the partner lounge at LAX is the SkyTeam Lounge.

Emirates is opening a lounge towards the end of the year. No firm commitment, but that's the answer I got out of the agent last month.

beckoa Jul 18, 14 8:57 pm

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

EK has a lounge in SFO right?

MonThruThurs Jul 18, 14 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa (Post 23220799)
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Yes - albeit, a small one.

beckoa Jul 18, 14 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by MonThruThurs

Originally Posted by beckoa (Post 23220799)

Surprised SFO does but not LAX.

LwoodY2K Jul 19, 14 12:09 am

Originally Posted by beckoa (Post 23221083)

Surprised SFO does but not LAX.

Maybe hard to get the construction time allocated in front of the alliance lounges?

Originally Posted by CDKing (Post 23218830)
my LAX-DXB trip report

Going to finish that report? ;)

whimike Jul 19, 14 3:18 am

Originally Posted by MonThruThurs (Post 23220832)

Considering SFO has only 1 EK flight a day, I wouldn't exactly call the SFO lounge small. In fact, I always though it was a pretty reasonable size. Having said that, with he A380 coming to SFO, it is going to get a lot more crowded in there. With the 777 operating, i never felt the lounge felt crowded.

CDKing Jul 19, 14 8:03 am

Originally Posted by LwoodY2K (Post 23221192)
Going to finish that report? ;)

Someday. Ive learned not to start posting unless I'm ready to complete. I'm on my way to the ANC Do so it pushes it back even more. I still have to complete my star alliance one from last year :eek:

gba Jul 19, 14 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Designtime (Post 23218753)

Just to clarify because the thread has taken a bit of a tangent:

You will NOT have access to the EK lounge
You WILL have access to the AS lounge after clearing immigration and customs, checking in with AS, and reclearing security